Sign in with
Your question

I5 with ASUS

Tags:
  • Intel i5
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 5, 2011 1:52:07 PM

I built my old man a new PC after 5+ years of his single core and I wanted to do a modest 3.2ghz overclock for world of warcraft (just to keep frames up) but I am having a few problems.

Specs
i5-750 2.67ghz
ASUS P7P55D EVO
Corsair TX750w
G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS
GTS 250 1GB

Screenshots (I reset to default after toying around)

The few issues I have is firstly when I put the ram into dual-channel it screws everything up. My manual shows the ram slots like this 2-1-3-4 so I put the ram in 1-4 (originally had it in 2-1). The issue I had was only 2GB of 4GB was noticed in Windows after that. Also when I turned the PC off it would shut down but fans would keep going. I put them back into 2-1 and all 4GB is noticed and everything works fine.
The other issue is I want to overclock to 3.2ghz but I want the memory to stay @ 1600 or under just to avoid issues. I never noticed a good enough gain to warrant overclocking memory and the board all ready is pushing the voltage past the 1.5v on the package.

So my question is what exactly do I do here to achieve what I need done? Is there a good guide to explain the new socket setup? I am use to the 939/775/AM2 setups and this new blck is down right confusing me. Let me know if there is anything I can do/take a picture of to help out.

More about : asus

January 5, 2011 8:35:02 PM

Nevermind figured it out. Thanks anyways.
m
l
Related resources
!