Clearwater

G

RE: ECS Black Series A790GXM-AD3 AM3 AMD 790GX HDM ATX AMD Motherboard. What gives with this ECS motherboard which boasts 32 gb RAM but says due to the AMD Phenom X4 DRAM maximum size is 2GB at present, the memory maximum size we have tested is 8GB? Furthermore ECS website says concerning the same CPU: Due to AMD CPU spec limitation, please refer to Memory QVL for more information. So far I haven't found any information on the specific limitations on DDR 3 RAM concerning AMD Phenom X4 and ECS (Elitegroup) motherboards. There are also some checkered reviews about Elitegroup motherboards and much heated debate as to how to install this board, whether to flash the bios, using the right kind of DDR3 RAM (i.e dual core), etc., etc,.

Disclaimers are common. How many people are going to pay for 4 gb sticks? They are very expensive. If you want to use more than 8 gb of ram, you should look at server boards. Ecs boards are ok for general use; a few will even overclock. I always recommend you download the board manual and read it before ordering.