Solved

CPU fan always at max

Cooler Master Hyper N520 is set with asus q-fan to standard, bu it always runs at max rpm, I tried the phenom II fan and the mobo regulates that one
one more thing to note, the Cooler Master Hyper N520 is a 3-pin fan connector, and the other one i tested was 4 pin. The mobo CAN regulate my 3pin chassis fan on the cha1 fan port. Any idea why this cpu fan runs at full blast all the time?

Edit: I confirmed that it runs all 3pin CPU fans at max regardless of fan setting, works for 4pin cpu fans, mobo manual says compatible with old 3pin cpu fans.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Best answer
    Compatible with 3-pin fans is not the same as can perform PWM like (4-pin) speed control. Without a separate fan controller the 3-pin fan can only operate at its normal speed. Good luck!
  2. So everything is working they way is should be working? That's all I wanted to know, thank you.
  3. bsnowman17 said:
    So everything is working they way is should be working? That's all I wanted to know, thank you.

Yes, if you are using 3-pin fans, then they are working properly. Good luck!
  4. Best answer selected by bsnowman17.
  5. If you want to regulate fan speed you make be able to set voltages for specific temperature levels in either the BIOS or a peice of software like SpeedFan.
  6. I just switched my cha and cpu, as the cha port can regulate 3pin speed
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooler Master Fan CPUs Overclocking