Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU fan always at max

Last response: in Overclocking
January 5, 2011 4:56:57 PM

Cooler Master Hyper N520 is set with asus q-fan to standard, bu it always runs at max rpm, I tried the phenom II fan and the mobo regulates that one
one more thing to note, the Cooler Master Hyper N520 is a 3-pin fan connector, and the other one i tested was 4 pin. The mobo CAN regulate my 3pin chassis fan on the cha1 fan port. Any idea why this cpu fan runs at full blast all the time?

Edit: I confirmed that it runs all 3pin CPU fans at max regardless of fan setting, works for 4pin cpu fans, mobo manual says compatible with old 3pin cpu fans.

More about : cpu fan max

Best solution

a c 141 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 5:39:08 PM

Compatible with 3-pin fans is not the same as can perform PWM like (4-pin) speed control. Without a separate fan controller the 3-pin fan can only operate at its normal speed. Good luck!
January 5, 2011 5:43:10 PM

So everything is working they way is should be working? That's all I wanted to know, thank you.
m
l
Related resources
a c 141 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 5:55:37 PM

bsnowman17 said:
So everything is working they way is should be working? That's all I wanted to know, thank you.

Yes, if you are using 3-pin fans, then they are working properly. Good luck!
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:10:20 PM

Best answer selected by bsnowman17.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 6:18:05 PM

If you want to regulate fan speed you make be able to set voltages for specific temperature levels in either the BIOS or a peice of software like SpeedFan.
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:30:51 PM

I just switched my cha and cpu, as the cha port can regulate 3pin speed
m
l
!