Last response: in Systems
April 12, 2009 2:46:10 PM

my problem says it all on the title
i recently upgrade to a new mobo and CPU
p5ql-pro and e8400

i used to have hp computer with upgrade GPU and sound card
xfxGTX260 and auzentech xplosion
both of them are working
when i got my mobo and CPU i got my computer guy to transfer my GPU and sound card from hp computer to my new mobo and CPU now this is when the nightmare begins

i cant hear any sound at all either from onboard and sound card are both not working
media player is showing that the song is playing

and when i try to watch movies in full screen my monitor goes Completely black then i cant do anything after leaves me no choice but to restart my computer

if i try to play dawn of war 2 and call of duty 4 same thing happens it goes black then you cant do anything but restart

i updated both GPU, windows vista and sound card driver still no luck i dont know what to do my problem says it all on the title
i recently upgrade to a new mobo and CPU
p5ql-pro and e8400

i used to have hp computer with upgrade GPU and sound card
xfxGTX260 and auzentech xplosion
both of them are working
when i got my mobo and CPU i got my computer guy to transfer my GPU and sound card from hp computer to my new mobo and CPU now this is when the nightmare begins

i cant hear any sound at all either from onboard and sound card are both not working
media player is showing that the song is playing

and when i try to watch movies in full screen my monitor goes Completely black then i cant do anything after leaves me no choice but to restart my computer

if i try to play dawn of war 2 and call of duty 4 same thing happens it goes black then you cant do anything but restart

i updated both GPU, windows vista and sound card driver still no luck i dont know what to do shed some light please

More about : screen black sound

April 13, 2009 8:02:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:

You had the guy transfer parts from you HP to your new mobo and cpu? That makes no sense. Maybe the other way around? You had new mobo and cpu put in your old HP??

Anyways, did you reinstall windows? Any time you install a new mobo you should re-install windows or you will have conflicts with old drivers. Also you dont mention your power supply, make and model.

It probably cant handle the new upgrade either.

i have bought 750w corsair PS and i did got my computer guy to reinstall windows because i have a new 1tb hardrive
April 16, 2009 5:03:13 PM

hi guys i fixed it by removing 15-Pin Power to 4-Pin Molex from the power supply
i tape and organize all the wires from my power supply so it looks better
my computer guy was too lazy to remove the tapes from my PS so he ended up adding 15-Pin Power to 4-Pin Molex which caused the problem its been 2 days with no crash now thanks a lot for help guys love you all =)
Related resources
!