garmon648

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
I just purchased an HP A6750F.

AMD Phenom 9650 quad-core 2.3ghz
8gb RAM
Vista 64-bit
ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics

Just using it for basic stuff and playing WoW. My fps in WoW is constant 15-25 on whatever settings i use. Iis this most likely a video card problem or something else? I am considering buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102820 but do not want to if I will still have issues.

thanks for any suggestions!

garmon648

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Thanks! I will check the amps when I get home. I did run 3dMark06 on the system and got score of 1586! I am far from an expert, but shouldn't that card score a little better than that, or is it really that bad??

Looks like 19amps on the 12v rails (if I am reading it right)

That will make it barely. It's okay.

The performance of the 3200 really it depends what games you are playing and on what size/resolution of a monitor. If all you play is something like Diablo 2 its overkill, but for Crysis it probably won't even load a menu.

garmon648

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
So, since I am playing WoW (which is somewhere in between), the results I am getting would be expected with this card? I don't have a problem replacing the card, but I am afraid I will replace it and find that the card is not the problem.

G

I have the same computer and I know exactly what you are going through. That particular onboard graphics card is not good for games. Although it is really good for watching HD videos like movies and stuff. I actually dropped a 9800 gt into my machine and it performs like a champ now. Now all I need to do is learn how to overclock, can anyone help me?