New Object at official site

New Object (ready for this)
A giant pair of scissors for your Sims to run with. Really increases Fun
motive. Funny animation. The object does warn that object is not for kids,
so guess what's next. I have a direct line to the Grim Reaper, so if an
accident happens.....

I had a sim die twice while she was running with the scissors! She looked so
wild and crazy that I just left her alone. Next thing I hear, her husband is
crying and she's balled up in a knot! He's able to beat the grim reaper and
she's revived.

I leave them alone again. He goes back to what he was doing and she pics the
scissors right back up and picks up where she leaves off..and hits the deck
almost instantly! This time he couldn't revive her :(

So I guess the scissors come with some danger :)

--
Nicole
YahooIM: girlsmeg

Giganews wrote:
> New Object (ready for this)
> A giant pair of scissors for your Sims to run with. Really increases Fun
> motive. Funny animation. The object does warn that object is not for kids,
> so guess what's next. I have a direct line to the Grim Reaper, so if an
> accident happens.....

I downloaded it and gave it to a Sim to play with and she died immediately.

I quit without saving, did it again, and got the same results.

Does playing with the thing always result in instant death? Not much
fun there, unless you definitely want to get rid of a Sim, and fast.

On the other hand, while it says "not recommended" for kids, I can't get
kids to even play with it. The option isn't permitted. Bummer.

Not even an animation of an impalement either. The sim just puts the
scissors down and flails about and dies. Lame.

--
--Cuth

smeggirl wrote:
> I had a sim die twice while she was running with the scissors! She looked so
> wild and crazy that I just left her alone. Next thing I hear, her husband is
> crying and she's balled up in a knot! He's able to beat the grim reaper and
> she's revived.
>
> I leave them alone again. He goes back to what he was doing and she pics the
> scissors right back up and picks up where she leaves off..and hits the deck
> almost instantly! This time he couldn't revive her :(
>
> So I guess the scissors come with some danger :)

As usual, Maxis overdid it.

--
--Cuth

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

I tried it and my sim died almost immediately... she was having so much fun
though, that her aspiration was Silver... then she died. I didn't save.
Those things are Dangerous!
Sage

"Giganews" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> New Object (ready for this)
> A giant pair of scissors for your Sims to run with. Really increases Fun
> motive. Funny animation. The object does warn that object is not for kids,
> so guess what's next. I have a direct line to the Grim Reaper, so if an
> accident happens.....

georg said:
"Do you get a different colored Ghost from this death?"

I say:
What DO the different coloured ghosts mean? I've only really noticed
the ghosts on the Goth lot, and I think it's Cornelia who always comes
out red. I'd first assumed it had something to do with the amount of
mourning they received, but I later realised it had to do with the form
of death from a few offhand comments I've noticed here. So what sort
of colours are there, and what do they mean?

~*~
vecki

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Does playing with the thing always result in instant death?

I've only had one SIM play with it and she ran around for quite some
time with and didn't die, didn't give her much excitement though, seemed
a pretty pointless task to me.

Andrea

Yesterday I had ANOTHER sim die after running w/ the scissors. She looked at
her hand in pain and then fell dead lol

It seems like all my female sims die w/ the scissors. I had a couple
pregnant ones play with it and they died almost instantly.

--
Nicole
YahooIM: girlsmeg

Am Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:04:06 GMT schrieb Sage:

> I tried it and my sim died almost immediately... she was having so much fun
> though, that her aspiration was Silver... then she died. I didn't save.
> Those things are Dangerous!
> Sage

I'll have to get it, then, I'm tired of having to turn on the cheat to kill
sims ;D

Dorte

Dorte Schünecke wrote:

> Am Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:04:06 GMT schrieb Sage:
>

>>I tried it and my sim died almost immediately... she was having so much fun
>>though, that her aspiration was Silver... then she died. I didn't save.
>>Those things are Dangerous!
>>Sage
>

> I'll have to get it, then, I'm tired of having to turn on the cheat to kill
> sims ;D
>
> Dorte

Do you get a different colored Ghost from this death?

-georg

vecki wrote:

> georg said:
> "Do you get a different colored Ghost from this death?"
>
> I say:
> What DO the different coloured ghosts mean? I've only really noticed
> the ghosts on the Goth lot, and I think it's Cornelia who always comes
> out red. I'd first assumed it had something to do with the amount of
> mourning they received, but I later realised it had to do with the form
> of death from a few offhand comments I've noticed here. So what sort
> of colours are there, and what do they mean?

I am not sure. But depending on how they died, they will act
differently. Drowing death ghosts will leave puddles (blue, I think).
Death by flies the ghost will *clean*. Death by starvation, they will
raid the fridge. Things like that.

Just curious to know what a death by scissors ghost would do.

-georg

Am 5 Apr 2005 06:01:35 -0700 schrieb vecki:

> I say:
> What DO the different coloured ghosts mean? I've only really noticed
> the ghosts on the Goth lot, and I think it's Cornelia who always comes
> out red. I'd first assumed it had something to do with the amount of
> mourning they received, but I later realised it had to do with the form
> of death from a few offhand comments I've noticed here. So what sort
> of colours are there, and what do they mean?

They get different colours depending on how they died. Old age is whitish,
death by fire is red, drowned ones are blue, death by electrocution makes
them yellow, starvation transparent, disease green, death by frith pink,
death by flies purple, and death by satellite orange.
Or so I found on the www a while ago :) I haven't had all variants of death
yet, though.

Dorte

Death by CowPlant is a Fluorescent green.