Cannot select options in BIOS

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I have an MSI Big Bang X-Power X58 motherboard, and when I enter the BIOS, I cannot scroll up and down between options. Something is very wrong here, I wanted to manually adjust the fan speed on my ZALMAN CNPS9900 CPU cooler, the only way I can do this is through the BIOS. But my BIOS is "locked up".

Furthermore, the cooling fans on both of my GIGABAYTE HD 5870's (crossfireX) were not spinning! I had to go into the CCC and manually set the fan speed to get them going! I was running on passive GPU cooling and I didn't even know it! Now my graphics cards are running between 30-35 *C idle, and 55 *C load. Before it was about 50 idle and 75 load.

Why is my BIOS locked up?

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

My Core i7 default clock speed is 2.8 GHz, but CPU-Z says it's at 1.5 GHz (because of the Nehalem speedstep) nothing on my system has been overclocked.

keyboard arrows to highlight options

if Enter doesn't open uptions, likely you need to use + and - keys, or else simply type in the numbers directly.

Unless I'm misunderstanding... hope it helps. Otherwise yeah try to either reset CMOS or read the manual or contact MSI. Might be a faulty BIOS or something although that's rare for a new board.