karlos

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

Good Day All,

I installed XP Home(OEM) Version 5.1.2600 SP1 on a new
system. All critical updates are installed and drivers
are current. The bios is configured properly. This new
system was working perfectly. I am in the habit of puting
the machine into standby when not in use. Everything
powered down as normal for about a week. Now when I
engage standby only the monitor and hard drive power
down. All the fans and case lighting remain on. I have
fiddled with nothing to incur this.

ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe Rev 2.0 Bios 1016
2.8C 800FSB H/T Enabled...no overclock
WD Caviar 80GB Hard Drive
Audigy 2 Sound
ATI 9000Pro Video

I am a loss to explain and/or discover the reason for
this problem. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Take a look at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm