Office home and student problems loading on xp

ralphshiney

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
i have been useing Home office and student for at least 18 months suddenly stopped working tried lots of fixes then deleted from machine tried to reload program but disc comes up with error and just closes after 50% spent lots of time defraging hard drive and deleting accumilated junk took some time to delete the original loaded program but now I cant reload the program have tried opening excell sheet but computer says no related program hope someone can point me in right direction soon have lots of work to caych up with. shiney..

Tried lots of fixes and deleted from machine, makes me not want to respond, but here goes. Why were you deleting things ? Or did you mean uninstalled, instead of deleting ? And if you were deleting a bunch of other things, who knows what you inadvertently deleted, like a sys file.

You say the reinstall goes 50% and stops ? What is the exact error ?

Try to run a chkdsk /r on your hard drive before reinstalling again. If asked to schedule the chkdsk on next boot, reply yes, then reboot. Clean your CD of smudges & make sure it is not scratched or otherwise damaged. Try the install again.

TRENDING THREADS