Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Water pump replacement - Need advice

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 6, 2011 1:08:19 PM

I have an LQ1000 case which came with a built in pump that I need to replace (it is extremely loud). I am somewhat new to water cooling so I am not exactly sure what I need. I am looking for a silent pump and after doing some research it appears that the Innovatek Eheim Plus is one of the best choices for silent pumps. How to connect this pump to my system is what I need help with.

The first problem: The LQ1000 case has a built in water flow meter and it expects the pump to be attached with a 3-pin connector. When it detects that the water is not flowing it begins beeping and shuts down the system. The Eheim Plus pump has a 4 pin moler connector. What do I need in order to use the LQ1000 water flow meter? Do I need to purchase a separate inline meter of some sort that will attach to the built in flow meter with a 3-pin connector or is there other options?

My second problem: Again, I am somewhat new to water cooling and I have a lack of understanding of all the connector types. In looking at the picture of the Eheim plus (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2125/ex-pmp-09/Innova...) there are no barbs so I'm not sure what I need to connect my 3/8 ID tubing. Can someone provide me with some instructions?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?
a c 324 K Overclocking
January 6, 2011 4:45:43 PM

Case came pre-equipped with a Zalman Reserator system...not known to be high quality or performance.

Flow meter...isn't needed, but if you want it for piece of mind, sure.

For tubing size changes, ortoklaz had a good point, or you can check out your local hardware store for reduction barbs in the plumbing dept. You can often find stuff there that will work vs. something overly expensive at a specialty site online.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2011 5:54:59 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Case came pre-equipped with a Zalman Reserator system...not known to be high quality or performance.

Flow meter...isn't needed, but if you want it for piece of mind, sure.

For tubing size changes, ortoklaz had a good point, or you can check out your local hardware store for reduction barbs in the plumbing dept. You can often find stuff there that will work vs. something overly expensive at a specialty site online.


this will include fittings, adapters,etc;
"Warning: Use of fluids other than the Innovatek Protect family is not recommended. Innovatek will not RMA defective products that have used alternative fluids, including UV Dyes. Do not use alcohol based cleaners on innovatek products.

Did you know?
The innovatek Protect Products are the only licensed corrosion protection fluids in the PC-field that are officially approved by EHEIM for their pumps. Why take risks? Be save and trust the specialists! "

@OP you can make it easy on yourself by choosing different and reliable pump like;
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/culad5bimabl.html
m
0
l
January 6, 2011 6:12:17 PM

ortoklaz said:
this will include fittings, adapters,etc;
"Warning: Use of fluids other than the Innovatek Protect family is not recommended. Innovatek will not RMA defective products that have used alternative fluids, including UV Dyes. Do not use alcohol based cleaners on innovatek products.

Did you know?
The innovatek Protect Products are the only licensed corrosion protection fluids in the PC-field that are officially approved by EHEIM for their pumps. Why take risks? Be save and trust the specialists! "

@OP you can make it easy on yourself by choosing different and reliable pump like;
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/culad5bimabl.html


Thanks for the information. My main goal is to find a pump that is as silent as possible and the Innovatek appeared to fall into that category. Is the Laing D5 that you recommended in the link above silent? In my review of the pumps I can't find any specs related to dba level. The input I read about on the Innovatek seemed to indicated that it was near silent. I thought that the MCP655 was a noiser pump?
m
0
l
January 6, 2011 6:34:53 PM

ortoklaz said:
you want to connect 4pin molex strait to the PSU ,Eheim Plus have micro chip to control the pump,for connectors ..scroll down the page at ;
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2125/ex-pmp-09/Innova...
and "Select Adapter(s) for G1/4" Thread!" for 3/8 barbs or compression fittings and if you need pump cover or new flow sensor(aquastream XT ultra) you can find it here
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/pumps.html


I am confused related to the adapter(s) for the G1/4 thread. When I look at the pump there doesn't appear to be any threads to screw an adapter into. What am I missing? How can I screw the adapter onto the pump?
m
0
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
January 6, 2011 6:52:48 PM

Define silent...I can't hear my D5/MCP655 over case fans.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2011 7:09:37 PM

HotRod19579 said:
I am confused related to the adapter(s) for the G1/4 thread. When I look at the pump there doesn't appear to be any threads to screw an adapter into. What am I missing? How can I screw the adapter onto the pump?

there is internal thread in pump cover ,i own MCP655 vario running #3 speed and i have to touch the pump to make sure it's running,Akasa PaxMate II Noise Reduction Kit is ok option (the pump will come with small pc for the pump)
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/akpanorekit.html
m
0
l
!