Thermaltake FRIO

Looking to buy the Thermaltake Frio, but having a hard time finding cases that will fit this beast. If you can link from newegg that would be lovely!
14 answers Last reply
More about thermaltake frio
  1. cases lol not the frio itself
  2. dang its not selling on newegg anymore. Nice case for sure. The frio is so huge its hard to find cases that will house it.
  3. all thermatake casing suitable for his HSF check dimension !
  4. I have a thermaltake case and the dimensions dont fit .
  5. Thermaltake Armor A90 Mid-Tower:
    THERMALTAKE FRIO COOLER MASTER CM690II
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216
  6. That is nice but i'm looking for a case that has the huge side fan and the large top mounted fan also, everything i have looked at seems to still not be able to fit the frio.
  7. the frio itself isn't a great fan
    anyways, i think this'll be enough
    http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=18&product_id=2988
  8. If you haven't already bought the frio, then please go for a better and quieter cooler... It cools OK but is very noisy even at medium fan speeds...

Go for Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme for $55...

Scythe Yasya and Ninja 3 are also good ones at around $55...
  9. sockpirate said:
    Looking to buy the Thermaltake Frio, but having a hard time finding cases that will fit this beast. If you can link from newegg that would be lovely!

My choices woulld be this Lian Li or the black NZXT phantom.I don't suggest the CM 690 as it is very dull imo unmodded(I liked it when I first bought it,but now it just looks generic.If you can mod though it is easily moddable and can look amazing.
    +1 on the comment about getting another cooler though.If your cpu isn't s1366 you would be fine with a hyper 212 plus.
  10. Ok well to be honest i have 5 120mm fans that i have added to my current case ha ha , my friend has the frio in a case he built himself and my case is much louder even when he puts his frio on high. Only reason i have chosen to go with the frio is because we almost the same hardware and we have similar OCs although he seems to get a bit better temps with his frio. I know every chip is different, but i have pinpointed a stable 4.0 OC i just don't like the idle temps , hoping the frio will lower them. I currently have the higher end zalman after market heat sink but the thing just doesn't do as well as i had hoped.
  11. i was idling at around 39-40c and around 55-57 on load. Pretty high temps for just idle , not bad load temps though. This isn't a OC issue , more than likely its my not so good after market heatsink and air flow in case. I was even able to undervolt the vcore to get this OC of 4.0 i was pretty happy just dont wanna have idle temps that high.
  12. Best answer selected by sockpirate.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Thermaltake Overclocking Product