ASUS P7P55D Pro Vs. MSI P55-GD65

It's probably been argued before on Tom's Hardware but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

I'm aiming to grab a motherboard for an i5 build, perhaps some moderate overclocking with an aftermarket air cooler and a single 4890/275. I currently have the ASUS P5P55D PRO @ £117 or the MSI P55-GD65 @ £129 to choose between (I'm aware of Gigabyte's offering at a similar price point but personal preference leads me away from them).

Both motherboards have very similar feature sets and the only real difference I can see is the ASUS' Express Gate, which would be a handy feature and 12+2 phase power supply over the MSI's 10+2 (correct me if I'm worng); the MSI however seems to have slightly better on-board OC tools - Clear CMOS + multimeter reading pins.

I'd rush out to buy the cheaper ASUS however according to Scan UK's website the MSI is the "hot seller" suggesting I may have overlooked some all important feature (they're at an identical £128.28 on Scan as of now). I know that between the two motherboards its mostly brand preference but I'd appreciate any help I can get.

1 answer Last reply
More about asus p7p55d gd65
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Product MSI-Microstar