Which case would you recommend?

Hard to help when we dont know what you are using your computer for .

But if its gaming the Antec 902 is hard to beat

[ and then theres the issue of personal taste ... mine makes me feel a bit like throwing up if I even think about how ugly the gigabyte is ]

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

...What I thought is completely different from you!!! The 902 is the most ugly case I have ever seen. It is referred as a great performance but UGLY case by several peoples. Here's some comments on the case. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2009/02/25/antec-nine-hundred-two-902-review/comments

Actually, I hate the look of the 902 very much. The reason why I am still considering the 902 is that the cable management design and well known performance of it.
In addition, as far as I know, the SUMO 5115 is made with quality Aluminium, whereas the 902 is made with iron and quite noisy.

I don't play latest 3D games like Crysis and therefore my video card is just a 9600GT which doesn't generate a lot of heat. Hence, I prefer a case that is quiet.
At this stage, I will wait and see how others think before I make my decision. Anyway, thanks for your input.

shabaa

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Of all of the components needed for the build of a system this one should be the easiest to decide on, yet it seems to create the most difficulty for many. There are some questions that you should ask yourself to guide you in your endeavor. I believe that they are as follows and if anyone else has any other pre-requisites please post them.

1. How much do you want to spend? (If cost is no object, then lucky you!)
2. What are your size limitations? (Where will it be placed )
3. What are you building it for? (Gaming, HTPC, web surfing, desktop, etc)
4. How much expansion space is needed in the case?
5. Are you going to “Mod” the case?
6. What are the long term goals or plans for this case?

And the last question, the hardest one for many to answer:

7. Which one fills the needs of the previous questions and is one that you like?

Fishing for choices is good but no one can tell you which case to get but rather suggest a case to look at or enlighten you as to their personal favorite but in the end YOU will have to choose as it is your money and YOU are the one that has to live with the choice. I have covered this before in a previous post (rant) elsewhere here on TOM’S and I do not mean to berate you for your question. As you should be aware of the choice of a case, in the end, is one of personal taste and pre-requisite fulfillment, not one that should be made by someone else. Everyone has an opinion (as evident in the above post). The only one that really matters is yours. Good luck with your choice