Jumpy Graphics

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Ok i've got a problem that i've not been able to fix so far. So when i'm playing COD5 for example i experience a weird effect. They game speeds up and slows down a lot, i think this is happening because of the FPS quickly changing. When i'm propped against a wall i can get like 80 FPS but when i turn around and look far way it switches to 30. this messes up the smoothness a lot. is there anyway to stop this?

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
No.

This is normal and the reason a 'pro' gamer will either buy a rediculous set up to raise his minimum fps, or lower settings to raise the minimum.

The only way to help this is to reduce how much you notice the slow downs.. that is to raise the minimum FPS, either upgrade or lower graphics settings.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

hmm well its really annoying. i guess thats another reason to get a spanking new gfx card right :p

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
tirple buffering is enabled on the gpu driver side, not in game. If you are using an ATI card then go to the Catalyst Control Center > Advanced View > 3D > All Settings and down at the very bottom there is an option to enable triple buffering. If you are using v-sync then having this enabled is a must!

If you are using a nVidia card i don't know where the setting is located right off hand, but im sure a google search would reveal it easily enough.

Make sure this is enabled and then try playing again and see if it helps. Alternatly you could just disable v-sync and see if that helps the stuttering problem (but then you may have to deal with some screen tearing, personally i don't mind it that much and would rather have the extra frames, but to each their own)

TRENDING THREADS