On Aol when I click on emails nothing happens for a long time

CoolCarl

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
When trying to open emails, delete or save emails, open links, type lags behind what I am typing, virtually anything I do on Aol is EXTREMELY slow. Their techs are dumber than a pack of tacks, and I have done all the normal cures like cleaning the system, defrag, clean cache, history, etc., reboot, beat it with a hammer, and what else can I do?
These problems almost never occur on Firefox 3.60. I had 4.0 and it sucked!
Thanks,
Carl

Please provide your System Specs. (RAM, CPU speed, etc.

Pentium 4 comes in different speeds, like 1.7gHz or 2.4gHz, as seen on my computer properties, General Tab. But no matter, you seem to have enough ram. I have always found AOL to be sluggish, so I seldom ever go there. ATT is another Mule !

CoolCarl

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
2.2 GHz................one fast mutha! I've been with damn Aol since version 1.0, and they have me trapped with all my fave place, address book, everyone knows my email, etc. I'm just trying to find a way to speed it up since it's not normal to click on an email subject line and wait 30 seconds for it to open, plus the other issues I said.

You could try reducing the # of addons in Firefox to see if that helps, or experiment with another browser.

There all kinds of tools for exporting/inporting your contacts, favorites and notification of new email addresses to contacts. Don't let AOL hold you hostage !

CoolCarl

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks...I'll work on it. By the way, I access Aol as a member, not from Firefox, if that changes what you are saying. I don't know the wording, but it's a direct connection from the Aol icon. Seems it's worse than from using www.aol.com on IE or Firefox.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I too am one of the last 3 people that still has an active AOL account. However, I never use their horrible web interface. Either use Microsoft Outlook to download your AOL mail or if you don't have that download Thunderbird. Just remember anything AOL considers spam won't be sent to Thunderbird, and because AOL's spam settings can sometimes be a bit overly sensitive you may occasionally still need to log into through a web page.

I'd highly recommend making the move to transition towards a new e-mail client. Gmail is very quick to access and supports IMAP so you can download mail to Thunderbird without it removing your mail from the web service if you ever need to log in while away from home. With Thunderbird you can have multiple e-mail accounts so it makes the transition very simple.

TRENDING THREADS