System crashes

dotamastaa

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my newly built system. It seems that when I watch fullscreen movies or just doing some browsing on the computer my monitor would go black and the sound just goes off, although the monitor would stay on as well as my keyboard led lights.

I have heard that when purchasing a new motherboard that you should do a BIOS update asap. The thing is, when i go into my bios and do the EZ flash 2, it does not recognize the 1TB Seagate Barracuda currently installed.

My computer guy I believe was slacking hard when he made my computer.

My specs are:
Asus P5QL Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Nvidia XFX GTX 260 (192)
G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
Samsung 22" T22Q
750W Corsair PSU
1TB Seagte Barracuda
Auzentech X-Plosion 32bit Sound Card

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
For your first point. Does your computer stay running? Or does it actually shut down? Do you have to restart it for monitor to come back on? Can you please elaborate exactly what your doing and what is happening.

It depends on the motherboard if a bios flash is needed. Bios flashing is fairly easy but dangerous so its not exactly something I would say go flash your bios if its not needed.

I'd first check with making sure all your dables are plugged in. I'm assuming your Seagte Barracuda is a sata drive. Maybe try a different sata port? Was it seeing the drive before?

dotamastaa

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
when i watch hd movies fullscreen
computer dies completly and goes black with no mouse pointer just complete black sometimes in makes repetitive sound
and leaves me no choice but to turn power supply on and off because this build dont have case yet i have no option to press restart
my monitor stay on i dont need to touch it when i restart my computer

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
So i'm assuming it works when it is not fullscreen?

Can you hit alt+ctrl+del? or alt+f4? or esc? See if that breaks the lock first. (I'm wondering if its configured upon fullscreen it will view on a different monitor ...in otherwords your monitor isn't the primary monitor.)

dotamastaa

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
i tried that before it didnt work
ill try spreading the power plugs around it could be that my hardware is drawing too much power from one power plug i have all 5 being used

dotamastaa

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
still no luck ill try with switching power plugs around im going to updating the bios driver i have to find a way to burn the file since my computer guy didnt even install cd/dvd burner even thou i bought it from him im so mad i regret brining my computer to him never agian

any good burning software out there

dotamastaa

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
hi guys i fixed it by removing 15-Pin Power to 4-Pin Molex from the power supply
i tape and organize all the wires from my power supply so it looks better
my computer guy was too lazy to remove the tapes from my PS so he ended up adding 15-Pin Power to 4-Pin Molex which caused the problem its been 2 days with no crash now thanks a lot for help guys love you all =)

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008

lol never ask him to build you a PC again.