S1: Remove nude patch?

Can someone pretty please tell me how to remove a nude patch for Sims
1 (I don't know what patch was used, this was done without my
knowledge) or how to replace nude skins with the defaults from the cd
(as in where are they on the cd, and where do I put them in the game)?
I have all expansion packs.

TY! :)
4 answers Last reply
More about remove nude patch

    "Jenny" <plzdie_kthx@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > Can someone pretty please tell me how to remove a nude patch for Sims
    > 1 (I don't know what patch was used, this was done without my
    > knowledge) or how to replace nude skins with the defaults from the cd
    > (as in where are they on the cd, and where do I put them in the game)?
    > I have all expansion packs.
    >
    > TY! :)

    if i remember well

    to remove the no-blur,
    go to gamedata\skins folder and remove the 'adult-needs.cmx' file

    to revert to default nudes,
    go to gamedata\skins folder (again) and
    make a search for nm, remove the
    nmskn, nmfat, nmfat *.cmx files
    nmdrk, nmmed, nmlgt *.bmp files
    and the
    xskin-nmskn_*-BODY.skn
    xskin-nmfat_*-BODY.skn
    xskin-nmfit_*-BODY.skn
    files
    do the same with NF (women) and -NC (children in case of ..)- instead of NM

    hope it helps

    On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:51:55 +0200, "Lefourbe" <lefourbe@free.fr>
    wrote:

    >"Jenny" <plzdie_kthx@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    >> Can someone pretty please tell me how to remove a nude patch for Sims
    >> 1 (I don't know what patch was used, this was done without my
    >> knowledge) or how to replace nude skins with the defaults from the cd
    >> (as in where are they on the cd, and where do I put them in the game)?
    >> I have all expansion packs.
    >>
    >> TY! :)
    >
    >if i remember well
    >
    >to remove the no-blur,
    >go to gamedata\skins folder and remove the 'adult-needs.cmx' file
    >
    >to revert to default nudes,
    >go to gamedata\skins folder (again) and
    >make a search for nm, remove the
    >nmskn, nmfat, nmfat *.cmx files
    >nmdrk, nmmed, nmlgt *.bmp files
    >and the
    >xskin-nmskn_*-BODY.skn
    >xskin-nmfat_*-BODY.skn
    >xskin-nmfit_*-BODY.skn
    >files
    >do the same with NF (women) and -NC (children in case of ..)- instead of NM
    >
    >hope it helps

    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, but I can't find these in
    the game anywhere :(.

    The blur is present when they are undressing to shower or bathe, but
    disappears when they enter the shower or bath or hottub... my 12-yr
    old has taken to deleting the shower whenever they get in now, LOL!

    Ty anyway. :) :)

    > Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, but I can't find these in
    > the game anywhere :(.
    >
    > The blur is present when they are undressing to shower or bathe, but
    > disappears when they enter the shower or bath or hottub... my 12-yr
    > old has taken to deleting the shower whenever they get in now, LOL!
    >
    > Ty anyway. :) :)

    The blur removal tool that I used comes with an uninstaller (or at least
    one that I remeber using), so you could check the Start Menu, Add/Remove
    Programs, or in the game directory for a utility to remove it.

    From what I remember, the behaviour you describe is the correct
    behaviour - they have the blur when they're undressing or on the loo,
    but not when they're actually in the shower or bath. Perhaps you're
    using a new shower that lets you see the sim when they're in there?

    Otherwise, as Lefourbe said, you need to look for files called
    adult-need.cmx and adult-censor.cmx that will probably be in the The
    Sims\GameData\Skins directory, and deleting them *should* put the blur
    back for everywhere it was before.

    And to restore the default nudes to the Maxis originals, you should look
    for and delete the following files, if they're there, from The
    Sims\GameData\Skins

    NFChdDrk_01.bmp
    NFChdLgt_01.bmp
    NFChdMed_01.bmp
    NMChdDrk_01.bmp
    NMChdLgt_01.bmp
    NMChdMed_01.bmp
    NUChdDrk_01.bmp
    NUChdLgt_01.bmp
    NUChdMed_01.bmp
    NFFatDrk_01.bmp
    NFFatLgt_01.bmp
    NFFatMed_01.bmp
    NFFitDrk_01.bmp
    NFFitLgt_01.bmp
    NFFitMed_01.bmp
    NFSknDrk_01.bmp
    NFSknLgt_01.bmp
    NFSknMed_01.bmp
    NMFatDrk_01.bmp
    NMFatLgt_01.bmp
    NMFatMed_01.bmp
    NMFitDrk_01.bmp
    NMFitLgt_01.bmp
    NMFitMed_01.bmp
    NMSknDrk_01.bmp
    NMSknLgt_01.bmp
    NMSknMed_01.bmp

    Phew!

    That way, the game will pick up the files with the same names from
    inside the .far files and display the Barbie-style skins. This is the
    information that Lefourbe gave you, but expanded out.

    HTH.

    CK

    On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:41:32 +0100, CK
    <CatKiller@nospamplease.Bigfoot.com> wrote:

    Thanks for the reply!

    The unusual part about after they were in the shower being nude was,
    they were anatomically correct. I had not seen that before. I still
    don't know what was done; turns out my brother had done something, but
    all is fixed now!

    >The blur removal tool that I used comes with an uninstaller (or at least
    >one that I remeber using), so you could check the Start Menu, Add/Remove
    >Programs, or in the game directory for a utility to remove it.
    >
    > From what I remember, the behaviour you describe is the correct
    >behaviour - they have the blur when they're undressing or on the loo,
    >but not when they're actually in the shower or bath. Perhaps you're
    >using a new shower that lets you see the sim when they're in there?
    >
    >Otherwise, as Lefourbe said, you need to look for files called
    >adult-need.cmx and adult-censor.cmx that will probably be in the The
    >Sims\GameData\Skins directory, and deleting them *should* put the blur
    >back for everywhere it was before.
    >
    >And to restore the default nudes to the Maxis originals, you should look
    >for and delete the following files, if they're there, from The
    >Sims\GameData\Skins
    >
    >NFChdDrk_01.bmp
    >NFChdLgt_01.bmp
    >NFChdMed_01.bmp
    >NMChdDrk_01.bmp
    >NMChdLgt_01.bmp
    >NMChdMed_01.bmp
    >NUChdDrk_01.bmp
    >NUChdLgt_01.bmp
    >NUChdMed_01.bmp
    >NFFatDrk_01.bmp
    >NFFatLgt_01.bmp
    >NFFatMed_01.bmp
    >NFFitDrk_01.bmp
    >NFFitLgt_01.bmp
    >NFFitMed_01.bmp
    >NFSknDrk_01.bmp
    >NFSknLgt_01.bmp
    >NFSknMed_01.bmp
    >NMFatDrk_01.bmp
    >NMFatLgt_01.bmp
    >NMFatMed_01.bmp
    >NMFitDrk_01.bmp
    >NMFitLgt_01.bmp
    >NMFitMed_01.bmp
    >NMSknDrk_01.bmp
    >NMSknLgt_01.bmp
    >NMSknMed_01.bmp
    >
    >Phew!
    >
    >That way, the game will pick up the files with the same names from
    >inside the .far files and display the Barbie-style skins. This is the
    >information that Lefourbe gave you, but expanded out.
    >
    >HTH.
    >
    >CK

Games Video Games