Microsoft Office Problems

After installing Microsoft Office (on two different XP machines), I
have had some problems.

Whenever I do a search (Start > Search > For Files and Folders), a
Microsoft dialog appears. It wants to install some features to
Microsoft Office. It gives no indication of what these features are.

I usually click Cancel, but sometimes I let it run its course to see
what happens. When I do, I always end up with some sort of error
message that indicates that the CD I am using does not have the
correct files on it.

It's an annoying error, to be sure, but I was wondering if anyone else
had seen this error. It has occured on two different Win XP (home
edition) computers.

Thanks,

Brian

Just say no.

Overview of the Search Feature in Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826515

OFFXP: Overview of the New Search Feature in Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282107

OFF2000: Overview of Find Fast Indexer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;205289

OFFXP: Hard Disk Runs Continuously After You Install Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282106

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:gg1gb0hrlan10bf5ifs6ehrv2isku27t3l@4ax.com,
Brian VanPelt <bvanpelt@neo.rr.com> hunted and pecked:
> After installing Microsoft Office (on two different XP machines), I
> have had some problems.
>
> Whenever I do a search (Start > Search > For Files and Folders), a
> Microsoft dialog appears. It wants to install some features to
> Microsoft Office. It gives no indication of what these features are.
>
> I usually click Cancel, but sometimes I let it run its course to see
> what happens. When I do, I always end up with some sort of error
> message that indicates that the CD I am using does not have the
> correct files on it.
>
> It's an annoying error, to be sure, but I was wondering if anyone else
> had seen this error. It has occured on two different Win XP (home
> edition) computers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

TRENDING THREADS