crykillerx

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
i have AMD x4 phenom 2 940, Asus M4N72-E mobo,corsair dominator 4 gb kit , 2x250 gb @ raid 0,corsair vx 550 W psu,EVGA 9800 gtx+ ssc edition,

problem is 1st my lan port was a problem asus service center repaired it to new , they didnt changed the mobo took 3 weeks(wtf!!!), now everytime when i boot my pc whatever bios setting is saved by me all change to default , and evrytime message is given : new cpu installed!!!
F1 to enter setup
F2 to defalut setting and save

plzzzzzzzzzzz help wht i do???????????

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I can't be sure about this but many times when that occurs it's because the battery on the motherboard has lost power (died) so first either check the voltage on the battery if you have a voltmeter or else just replace the button battery.
When a computer is not plugged in for a long while, the battery loses it's charge.
That's one possibility.

crykillerx

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009

ok thx mate will try to do ur method , plzzzz any other suggestions from others????????????

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
is the bios reset jumper in the correct position? normally they come in the reset / discharge position and you have to change them to the on position, maybe the engineers at asus put it back when they fixed things.

It's not a BIOS flash issue, though you should flash it if it's older. At least read the changes made. If it's fixing issues you do not have (like supporting a newer, different CPU than you have you don't need to). BIOS flashing's very safe now.

Problem?
I agree that it's either:
1) Battery, or
2) CMOS reset jumper

I remember having to CLEAR my CMOS settings by physically placing the jumper on two posts. If that's how your motherboard works then leaving the jumper on those posts would likely cause a similar issue.

For the CMOS Reset issue simply read your motherboard.

If that's not it it's likely the battery.