I was working in word when suddenly my document disappeared

I was just putting the finishing touch on a word 7 document in windows 7 when suddenly it all disappeared and the original text showed up in its place. I tried computer search, I looked at word to see if it had registered a working copy but no luck. I closed the file (of the original document on screen) and wasn't asked to save so obviously 'word' didn't acknowledge any of the work that I had been doing on this document.
I know very little about computers. Is the document lost forever?
3 answers Last reply
More about working word suddenly document disappeared
  1. Hazel_67 said:
    I was just putting the finishing touch on a word 7 document in windows 7 when suddenly it all disappeared and the original text showed up in its place. I tried computer search, I looked at word to see if it had registered a working copy but no luck. I closed the file (of the original document on screen) and wasn't asked to save so obviously 'word' didn't acknowledge any of the work that I had been doing on this document.
    I know very little about computers. Is the document lost forever?

apparently so.
  2. yes, unfortunately, if you were not asked to save, and did not save it manually, it's gone.
  3. "yes, unfortunately, if you were not asked to save, and did not save it manually, it's gone."

It took several hours of trying when as you so succintly put it: not saved, gone.

I was so involved with what I was doing, that I forgot to save. Lesson learned.

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A QUICK REPLY. :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Document Windows XP