Your question

I was working in word when suddenly my document disappeared

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Document
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 13, 2011 7:21:57 PM

I was just putting the finishing touch on a word 7 document in windows 7 when suddenly it all disappeared and the original text showed up in its place. I tried computer search, I looked at word to see if it had registered a working copy but no luck. I closed the file (of the original document on screen) and wasn't asked to save so obviously 'word' didn't acknowledge any of the work that I had been doing on this document.
I know very little about computers. Is the document lost forever?

More about : working word suddenly document disappeared

a b $ Windows 7
September 13, 2011 8:20:58 PM

Hazel_67 said:
I was just putting the finishing touch on a word 7 document in windows 7 when suddenly it all disappeared and the original text showed up in its place. I tried computer search, I looked at word to see if it had registered a working copy but no luck. I closed the file (of the original document on screen) and wasn't asked to save so obviously 'word' didn't acknowledge any of the work that I had been doing on this document.
I know very little about computers. Is the document lost forever?

apparently so.
September 13, 2011 8:44:38 PM

yes, unfortunately, if you were not asked to save, and did not save it manually, it's gone.
September 14, 2011 6:48:35 AM

"yes, unfortunately, if you were not asked to save, and did not save it manually, it's gone."

It took several hours of trying when as you so succintly put it: not saved, gone.

I was so involved with what I was doing, that I forgot to save. Lesson learned.

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A QUICK REPLY. :-)
!