Sign in with
Your question

I have a problem...Help Needed

Last response: in Overclocking
January 7, 2011 1:30:56 PM

Well I was putting some components together to see what was working and everything turned out fine so i decided to put them into my case but now i that ive put them back together...nothing shows up on my monitor, ive also noticed that the lights on the back of the mobo dont flash(normally they would) so I believe no power is going to that part of my mobo....is my mobo done or is something wrong with my PSU?

More about : problem needed

January 7, 2011 7:33:46 PM

sadams04 said:
First, check out the link below and walk through it. If still having issues, come back to the forum and list your specs (be specific).

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

yes im pretty sure i did everything correctly, as i said before i tried the components outside of the case but now i put them in, everything starts up fine, i hear all the usual start up sounds(hdd,psu,cd drive) but no signal goes to the monitor and the diagnostic lights do not come on and the key board doesnt come on as i said it seems like no power is going to that section of the motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2011 8:23:05 PM

You may have a PSU that works some times and not other times try a different one.
m
l
January 7, 2011 11:10:20 PM

at first that was what i was thinking but then i tried it in my friends pc and the psu works just fine...could it simply be that the motherboard is defective?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2011 5:21:37 PM

Could be your friends computer need less power then yours.
m
l
January 8, 2011 5:32:23 PM

ok ill unplug some of the hard drives and fans and see what happens
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2011 5:53:53 PM

good thinking
m
l
January 19, 2011 12:43:27 PM

if u have a g.card take it out and plug into onboard if not u can try resetting cmos on ur mobo, thatl usually sort it out. :) 
m
l
!