New gigabyte build stuck

wordplay

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
After i shut down my pc and open it back, it stuck at gigabyte start screen for few minute and stuck again at Booting GRLDR for few minutes. Then appear Window error recovery when i choose start window normally the monitor is goes blank. same thing happen when i choose safe mode.

Please help me!!

My hardware info:

Gigabyte EP45 -UD3P

E7400 2.88 GHz

XFX ATI 4850

RAM 4 GB

O/S Window Vista 64x bit

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
Was your PC running smoothly before this started happening, or is this a problem that has existed from the start of the build?

Have you run Memtest86+?

Its possible you need to flash the BIOS.

wordplay

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
Yes, it started smoothly, this problem has not existed from the start of the build. It

only take about less than 30 second to go to window.

Its existed since the firsts LAN unable to use. The second LAN can use. Before this i

using first LAN port to connect to modem (my LAN driver are updated). So i

updated my modem firmware.

After that i try to check my driver through driver agent(software).

Its show all 59% driver all updated.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

xthekidx

What is Memtest86+?

I haven't flash the BIOS.

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
So you got an error while in the middle of updating the drivers and since then this problem has persisted?

Memtest86+ is a program that stresses your memory to test it for stability. Unstable memory is often the source of BSOD's and many other errors.

wordplay

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
xthekidx

Nope. This problem occur when i open my pc.

Outlander_04

I did search on "Vista fix MBR". Many information show that :

First, insert the Vista DVD into the computer and restart it (to start the boot

process). You will be asked to press any key to boot from the DVD.

The problem i face during this step was, there is no "press any key to boot from

the DVD" shown.

you need to enter BIOS [ start up ] and change the boot order so that the dvd drive is the first boot device .
After that do the MBR fix

wordplay

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
After many times restarting the pc, lucky appear the "press any key to boot from

the DVD"

After i i do the MBR fix, i can go to window.

But the one of the LAN port in my mobo Gigabtye EP45-UD3P still can't use.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Outlander_04

can please recommend a decent software firewall.

wordplay

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
OMG...

That problem occur again after I did the MBR fix. And when I insert the Vista DVD into the computer and restart it, there is no "press any key to boot from
the DVD" shown.

Please some one help me

GRDLR is GRUB

Its a linux boot loader that will only be on your computer if you have been dual booting between linux and windows .

If you didnt install it someone else did

Save all your files to a back up drive , and then nuke the hard drive with the vista dvd .
PARTITION the drive , then do a long format , then reinstall vista

If you did not ever try to dual boot your computer then before you transfer files back to your newly formatted drive I suggest you scan your data for viruses /trojan horses / rootkits

PS if you have one of those free downloaded versions of Vista you have just proved why that wasnt a clever idea

wordplay

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
Thank you Outlander_04 for reply

After I try to remove my hard drive from mobo , then I just insert Vista DVD ,but the DVD rom can't be detect. One of my friend say it Mobo problem. Is true?