help..... plz Important questions about my amd cpu fruq ,ram bus

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
i have 2 g ram hyper x bus 1066 type and when i raise it too 1066 becuse in auto mode its 800 and i wanna make it 1066 but the system crash when starting windows so it restrating over and over untill i mak it bake too auto mode which is 800 bus and when i raise my cpu fruq from 200 too 300 its not starting the windows at all and appears screen ask me too last good confi........ ete i want explantion why not working when i raise ram to its normal type or the cpu wont work at 300

notc my pc was reading 1066 just fine but after while happen what i talk about up there
my pc
amd 770 black edition
gigabyte 770ud3
2g ram hyper x bus 1066
sapphire hd 4870 1 g vapor x cooling
500 watt power supply ocz

i use windows 7 as my software

and thats all and thanks for reading and helping and sorry of any mistake about my english up there

sighQ2

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Yes

what they said

or contact Hyper X for support /or the retailer for support or other options.

possible defective ram cos 1066 is within specs on an AM3 mobo.

In fact the spec is one stick per channel. See mobo manual to make sure you have 1 stick of ram in each channel. and not 2 sticks on one channel. (doubtful)

but settings in bios should fix it.

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
DDR2 ram is speced at 1.8v, so anything that needs more than that is overclocked. You need to set the voltage and timings manually for your RAM if you want it to run at 1066.
Your Ram voltage needs to be set to spec.
Your MB default voltage is probably 1.8v
All the Hyper X 1066 I looked at were either 2.2v or 2.3v

thanks guys for soo much help but i don't now how too manually set the voltage of the ram so thats what appear on my bios and you tell me which is need to set

cpu clock ratio auto
cpu northbridge freq auto
cpu frequncy (mhz) 200
pcie clock mhz auto
ht link freq auto
set memory clock auto
memory clock x4,00 (800mhz)
dram confguration
system voltage optimized
system voltage control manual
cpu nb vid control manual
cpu voltage control manual
normal cpu vcore 1.2350v
dram voltage control normal 1.920 v
ddr vtt voltage control normal 09,00v
nb voltage control normal 1.100v
sb ht voltage control normal 1.220v
nb pcie voltage control

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

thanks for helping i appreciate that
i just have one ram only and its 2g in one but any way dual channl manual recommanded that make it ddr2-1 ddr2-2
sockets if that what you mean

sighQ2

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I suggest you show this at gigabyte support website

if it blows up, you will hate me.

perhaps someone else is more familiar with this ram and mobo.

anyway this bumps your thread

bump

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

look thats all what on the website of gigabyte for my mobo about memory
4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR2 1200(Note 2)/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules
Support ECC memory (Note 3)
(Note 1) Due to Windows® XP 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
(Note 2) Whether 1200 MHz memory speed is supported depends on the CPU being used.
(Note 3) Use of a CPU that supports ECC is required if you wish to install ECC memory.

i just wanna run it on 1066 but you said the set voltage it will fix it and i don't know how manual set that so i write all what appears in my bios so you can tell me which to be set if you have some thing too say or warning don't Hesitate

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

ok thats work but the system was in some boint un stable and some point thats blu screen appears an restart
so any better solution? woulds help any way thanks

sighQ2

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I still think you should either learn how to overclock ram
or
contact Kingston re Kingston HyperX ram SUPPORT
or contact mobo manufacturer Gigabyte SUPPORT

This is possibly dangerous - you could damage ram, or mobo, or ????

Asking people to figure out your bios = wow - I like playing in bios - but when I do, I look at a lot of info in the real bios; and not a list of what's there.

I would look at these settings - but you are on your own !!!! and this is not reliable support.

= set memory clock auto
perhaps set this to manual?? or what's available ??

= memory clock x4,00 (800mhz)
can this be set to 1066?? Is that a good thing to do??

= dram configuration =
what does this do?? I don't know ????

good luck
contact SUPPORT
read MOBO MANUAL

it's your system - we could guess all day - this is all out of specs, and it's different with every different ram.

contact KINGSTON and/or Gigabyte

it's highly likely that you have to tweak voltages - if you don't know how to do that - BOOOOMMMM !!!!

don't blame me if you kill it. or anybody else here either.

that mobo is low-end and not the best overclocker.

get proper help.

WHATEVER YOU DO = WATCH YOUR TEMPERATURES - IF POSSIBLE

sighQ2

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
It would be so much EASIER and so much SAFER to get 2 sticks of 800 mhz ram or whatever is recommended ram for your mobo.

blue screens - you think that's just a pain in the a$$?
it's a warning that you are CREATING AN UNSTABLE SITUATION

did you say you only have 1 stick??
If so - get 2 - only someone who knows almost nothing would do that.

And I fully expect if the mobo blows up, that you will tell people that Giga makes bad mobos - right? You are overcloxing the cheapest mobo, and you don't what you are doing. Tell people about that.

Giga support could tell you what ram will work properly. and Kingston knows their ram and how it works.

get the proper ram for that mobo.

FSB is Synchronous to the cpu core clock speed and memory.
Howerver you have a black edition cpu.
Then to up the clock speed of the cpu its as simple as selecting a higher cpu multiplyer.

Memory.
DDR 2 1066 =533Mhz each way. for reading and writing on the fsb from and to memory.
DDR 2 800 = 400Mhz each way. for reading and writing on the fsb from and to memory.

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

ok i get it . so yes my expriance is little in hard ware thats why i ask you people how to over clock my cpu and ram without at the cool rang not at get my mobo bumm so yes my expriance is little
any way thanks for help and warrning

but i know thats tow stick is much better but where i leave no such thing is 1 giga hyper x 1066 so its just 2in one stick