Your question

Best Nvidia Card for Transcoding

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 5, 2009 4:06:36 AM

What Nvidia card should I get for transcoding (I am not a gamer)? Does the conversion time depend on the video card (how much for each card, what attributes). I want to run Badaboom.

More about : nvidia card transcoding

a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2009 4:27:36 AM

Yeah, the faster your video card the faster the trancoding on badaboom..

I don't see a point in spending a lot though.. Specially depending on your CPU. If you have a fast CPU it may be a waste of money to get a gpu solution.. would depend though.

I wouldn't spend more than a gtx260. But I suppose it really depends on how much money 20 seconds on a video transcode matters.
May 5, 2009 3:09:15 PM

drstew said:
What Nvidia card should I get for transcoding (I am not a gamer)? Does the conversion time depend on the video card (how much for each card, what attributes). I want to run Badaboom.

The most expensive one is the best one.
Related resources
May 5, 2009 3:25:22 PM

I guess I could be wrong but I never thought the speed/power of a GPU had much to do with transcoding speed. I would think the CPU, chipset, OS, codec & the speed of the drives involved are what matter. There's really nothing for a GPU to do during transcoding, I don't think.
May 5, 2009 3:28:22 PM

ram1009 said:
I guess I could be wrong but I never thought the speed/power of a GPU had much to do with transcoding speed. I would think the CPU, chipset, OS, codec & the speed of the drives involved are what matter. There's really nothing for a GPU to do during transcoding, I don't think.

What rock have you been living under?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Badaboom
!