Inaccessible briefcase on external DVD drive.

G

Hello,
I burned all my personal files in briefcase onto DVD when I got made redundant. I thought I would be able to copy them from the briefcase onto my netbook. (note: I do not need to synchronize, just need the files out!) The netbook has an external drive, but when I open it up and try to open up the briefcase a message appears with: "The briefcase cannot be opened because the disk is inaccessible, Verify that the disk is accessible"
I have tried every way to do this, e.g. updating, copying onto desktop, sending to zip, changing from read only, etc, etc, can't get anything to work! Can anyone help? is there a patch to open it?

Hello,
I burned all my personal files in briefcase onto DVD when I got made redundant. I thought I would be able to copy them from the briefcase onto my netbook. (note: I do not need to synchronize, just need the files out!) The netbook has an external drive, but when I open it up and try to open up the briefcase a message appears with: "The briefcase cannot be opened because the disk is inaccessible, Verify that the disk is accessible"
I have tried every way to do this, e.g. updating, copying onto desktop, sending to zip, changing from read only, etc, etc, can't get anything to work! Can anyone help? is there a patch to open it?

make a new folder on your hard drive, not desktop, and copy your folder to it. Should be able to access it from the HD.