Problem Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Zhithen

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hello!

I got a problem with the M4A79T Deluxe MB, once my PC was ready to start for the first time I pressed the power button n sorprise!! nothing happened.

The thing is that when i connect the PSU it loads n stops.

I've Checked all the connections and looks like everything is fine. Well I'll be glad of taking notes of some Ideas.

PC:

AMD Phenom II X4 965
MB Asus M4A79T Deluxe
Ram 4GB Patriot Viper 1333
VGA 2x HD4890 Vapor-X CrossFire
HD WD Velociraptor 300GB
PSU Thermaltake 900W

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
There's a post floating around here somewhere with what to do to check something like this, but I don't have it handy.

Short version, disconnect everything but the PSU to motherboard/cpu, the cpu fan, and leave the RAM in. Plug in only the power switch connector. And a speaker if you have one. Disconnect the monitor, pull the video card, disconnect all drives, etc. Unplug everything else from the motherboard.

Power up - if the PSU comes on and stays on, power off and try the graphics card and monitor, repeat...

Double check your RAM, physically remove it and re-insert. Try with only one module in place.

If no joy with basic config, have to try with another PSU. Also check PSU switch to make sure it's 110V - assuming you're in the US.

G

do you see the lights on the motherboard ?
if yes, then make sure that the PCI Graphics card is pluged into the Blue (x16) slot. also assuming its a toughpower PSU plus the PCI 6 pin cable from the RED ports to the graphics card