Sign in with
Your question

Gpuz reports my hd 4870 x2 not connected to a power suply when it is!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 5, 2009 8:44:12 AM

hello its me again! i have discovered this in the bios of my 4870x2:
Quote:
YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED ONE OF YOUR VIDEO CARD POWER CONNECTORS TO THE POWER SUPPLY. PLEASE REFER TO THE 'GETTING STARTED GUIDE' FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION.
(C) 1988-2005, ATI Technologies Inc. ATOMBIOSBK-ATI VER011.007.000.000.029564 S3B50902.100 418943 75731

I have gotten this information using gpuz and saved the bios, opening it with note pad.

not connected a power cable... What is this ment to meen!?!? I have both the cables pluged in I can clearly see it!

is their a problem with my psu????

am i using the wrong cords>>

any sugestions??

thanks!
May 5, 2009 11:18:06 AM

ATI recommends a minimum of 600 watts for the HD4870X2. Does your power supply come with 2 pci-e connectors? Or are you using the molex to pci-e adapters? If you are, check to see that you haven't connected all the molex's from one rail.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1338900

May 5, 2009 1:17:54 PM

hundredislandsboy said:
ATI recommends a minimum of 600 watts for the HD4870X2. Does your power supply come with 2 pci-e connectors? Or are you using the molex to pci-e adapters? If you are, check to see that you haven't connected all the molex's from one rail.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1338900

i have a 750 or a 850 psu, forget now actually lol! i have a red PCI 8 pin cable and a black pci 6 pin attached to it. the brand is a thermaltake tough power.

ps it is a 850 watt just checked then
Related resources
May 5, 2009 1:21:16 PM

Quote:
Are you actually getting a warning or what?

When you say in the bios, are you just reading the text for what would be displayed if you didn't have the power cables attached even though you have not gotten this warning?

I am confused.

ok err.. you have used gpuz yes? if so, next to the bios information part, there is a button where you click it and you can save it to my documents.

from there i open it with note pad and it says that "refer to quote at top of page" just want to know if its a major concern
May 5, 2009 2:24:40 PM

Quote:
This better be a troll thread.

And why is that?
May 5, 2009 3:25:15 PM

Umm, have you tried a game yet? If there really were a power issue, it wouldn't run. I think you are fine and that this is either the code for a possible message or just wrong. If a cable really were disconnected, I don't think that the computer would power up, it would instead just sit there and beep at you.
June 17, 2009 3:04:19 PM

Hyaz.
It happened to me 2.
I Have a EAH 4890 though.
I saved the gpu-z bios and opened it with Techpowerup's Radeon Bios Editor and it shows me the same warning. (YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED ONE OF YOUR VIDEO CARD POWER CONNECTORS TO THE POWER SUPPLY. PLEASE REFER TO THE 'GETTING STARTED GUIDE' FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION.)

I have both 4-pin cables connected to the EAH though.
June 23, 2009 10:02:38 AM

wow forgot that this post existed, but yeah still have the same problem. iduhnno...
!