Is the video board dead?

Mazi_mvatav

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Hi. I have a Gigabyte 7600GT Silent-pipe 2. It worked perfectly for the past 2months. Suddenly while playing nfs carbon the system got stuck... After a restart i got the bsod and an instant reboot...(and again for a couple of times). Reinstalled the OS (WinXP sp2 32bit), checked the hdd for bads..none, tried to install the video board (the latest gf7 driver from nvidia.com for the exact O/S) and it crashed midway. Got back in Win the driver was not installed (in add/remove prog.). This is the video board i am using right now.. just default windows resolutions and only software rendering. The image sometimes appears to be bad (some lines in a somewhat pattern on low res and in win i get matrix-type green dots ... what gives?).
After a while it got back to normal... installed everything... and it worked perfect... but crashed again :((. I uninstalled the driver in safe mode to be able to use the comp (and not get the bsod while loading windows). Now i can install the driver(won t crash midway) but after the restart i get the same thing.
The video board and motherboard appear to be ok(nothing burnt/broken...)
Please reply and thanks in advance.

Mazi_mvatav

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Couldn't try anything of the like yet... Everything is well in place and fastened properly. Everest is able to see my card and all its properties. However gpu-z doesn't (maybe cuz the drivers aren't installed). I saw that i could change the frequency between the mobo and the video card (an option in the bios). By bios default it shows me 100(?). Thanks :)

Mazi_mvatav

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
As a matter of fact i tried to play something without the drivers... GTA-VC said that it couldn't find the video memory... :( So this wraps it up... 10x for everything