ATI and NVIDIA are no more (not by INTEL)

MO BEEJ

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
there is a point where feud will be useless fighting which better brand will be no more remember Ferrari and Lamborghini first it was always performance then after long years of fighting they are very similar now (give or take) the only difference is brand and BODY. Well this will happen soon were crysis will be played max i mean max res max quality max AA but will it make a difference if u play it with 100 fps or 150 fps. no u will only prefer ati over nvidia or vise versa considering ur mother board or the decal or the color or the company's name or logo .....

with the arrival of hd5xxx series and gt300 series these companies will self destroy ( not BOOM destroy but .. u get the pt) :)

now these are all rumers but believe me when i tell u they rarely miss only by a small spec. IF these r true then imagine a 5870 able to give u the performance of 4870x2 on paper its a little behind of the x2 but its a single gpu so driver can easily take all its advantages and consider the 5870x2 in crossfire what will be the performance. Now Ati is much easier to imagine since specs are all same except 40nm and dx 11 SM5 but nvidia is more comlex u see nvidia was stuck with same 65 nm for 3 years (it changed it now but its recent) and has been stuck with ddr3 so basicly nvidia will make a jump more stream processors ddr5 40 nm ... so dont count about the : ati will wipe the floor with nvidia since that was said about the 48xx series when first reveled ddr5 55nm ..... but still nvidia prevailed with old technology (even if it is by a small or big margin, it is a margin gained) so only time will tell but all of this is an IF.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Games will continue to become more demanding. There is only so fast you need a car to go before it is profoundly illegal.

Crysis 3, or whatever we want to assume the best game in 5 years will require cutting edge graphics.. If any one brand is slower it will show, computers do not work like automobiles, the tasks a computer is intended to do will always increase in demands with the tech, if there comes a time this slows, then the tech will also slow. However, with each generation of computer power, the power will quickly be used up with newer, more eager applications.

It is not like crysis will remain the most demandign game forever.. Your point is very narrow minded, assumign I even see your point...

jennyh

Splendid
You can play Far Cry 1 on maximum settings on an AMD GX motherboards igp. That's a 5 year old game that ran horribly on my 6600gt which was a pretty decent card back then.

Fast forward 5 years from today and igp's are better than 4870's while also being fused with a cpu. Gamers don't care because they won't be playing Crysis in 5 years time, same as nobody is playing Far Cry 1 today.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
What planet did this baffling idea that crysis, computers, etc.. are the top of the line now and forever come from?

When my comptuer has a billion 300qbit cores and is fuzed with my brain I'll still complain I can't run a simulation of the universe well enough when I can only simulate a virtual world as big as the galaxy perfectly instead of the top of the line implants with 1.5 billion 350qbit cores that can perfectly recreate a reality as large as two galaxies...

To the OP: Read some of Ray Kurzweil's work and take some science/math/tech classes in school....

jennyh

Splendid
That's interesting daedalus, I've read a lot of futurist stuff especially about the 'technological singularity'.

But ye, Crysis will look no more 'real' than Far Cry 1 did five years ago, and hell I remember thinking how real Gran Turismo 1 looked on my old playstation.

Ferrari's and Lambos very very different. Ferrari's preferring rear wheel drive configs vs. Lambo's using Audi 4 wheel drive. Ferrari's are really more like a track car vs. Lambo being more of a daily street racer for people with stupid amounts of cash.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
@OP:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

MO BEEJ

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
LOL

i have tears in my eyes ;)

although graphics will get more demanding as daedalus685 the bad thing it will not be that more graphically demanding soon maybe dead space 2 will be the heaviest who knows but sadly computers are bound to consoles. yes consoles we all know that ps3 and xbox 360 will continue to be the best till 2014 (i know ps3 is contracted 4 10 years) so give or take some exclusive games on pc will have an impact but consoles slow pc down no offence to console gamer i know i am 1 but now my goal is to own all 3 pc ps3 xbox

azzinoth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
It doesn't matter what car you own... They got TOP speed long ago and as regular "user" (driver)... you don't drive more than 100 km/h... let say 150 km/h if you are speeding...

Well computers are different world :p We are just one big audience who is thowing $$$ at our two fighters...

So stop saying nonsence... Progress will go on, core/memory/shader speeds will increase, we are still far from limit :D

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
@ OP
Please tell me english is not your first language, and that you are having a hard time expressing whatever it is you are trying to say in this foreign tongue.

laserlight_2

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Consoles don't slow the pcs down, they demand more from the company making the computer parts. They are mini desktops built for gaming.
Comparing cars to PC's is unbalanced. I would understand comparing cars to laptops maybe. But, your forgetting about planes, helicopters, and space ships.

Progress on computers is hindered only by the math behind it. Brands have nothing to do with it. Just two different ways to reach the same goal. And technology will never reach its goal. The goal of discovering and perfecting everything.

TRENDING THREADS