small network help need please

Al

Hi I am setting up a network of three computers in small office. I have
set myself up as the Admin users and everyone else will have a common logon,
and will be set up as users.

Other than use the software that has been installed, What I want the users
to be able to do though, it to download and install the update signature
files for the AV software, and also to be able to create CD's for back up of
the data.

Do I have to give the users special permissions for these two tasks

Thanks

Alex

--
Alex Hammerstein
aphATmisnetDOTcoDOTuk

On Sat, 29 May 2004 15:30:44 +0100, Al wrote:

> Hi I am setting up a network of three computers in small office. I have
> set myself up as the Admin users and everyone else will have a common logon,
> and will be set up as users.
>
> Other than use the software that has been installed, What I want the users
> to be able to do though, it to download and install the update signature
> files for the AV software, and also to be able to create CD's for back up of
> the data.
>
> Do I have to give the users special permissions for these two tasks
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

Does the antivirus program have an auto-update function? Using it might be
a more efficient approach than tweaking policies.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Al

yes Av progtram,me has auto update - do users need special permissions?

--
Alex Hammerstein
aphATmisnetDOTcoDOTuk

On Sat, 29 May 2004 21:14:13 +0100, Al wrote:

> yes Av progtram,me has auto update - do users need special permissions?

No. The program should manage on its own under the system account. Be sure
to setup the auto-updates - preferably through the program's menus. Use
Scheduled Tasks if necessary but here you would need to schedule the task
with your admin credentials.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User