AMD 965 BE C2 Overclock help

I am running an AMD 965 BE C2 on an Asus M4N98TD mobo, 2 x 2gb DDR3 G.Skillz Ripjaw ram, cooler master, x2 GTS250 in SLI and I can't OVERCLOCK past 3.6ghz stable no matter what I do. I have read all the guides for days and researched on numerous forums and I can't figure it out. I have raised my voltage from 1.4 all the way up to 1.5 and everything in between. I have tried multiple utility programs after trying in Bios. Nothing past 200Mhz x 18 at 1.4625v will hold stable. I have gotten up to 3.8Ghz, 200Mhz x 19 at 1.4750v but when I run Prime95 and monitor my heat from Core Temp, it quickly (about 2min) reboots. I have read about people with lesser quality rigs getting 3.8Ghz stable just by raising the multiplier, I don't get what im doing wrong!?!?!
8 answers Last reply
More about overclock help
  1. Hi.

What are your temps with 3.6GHz?, with the C2 revision is a little difficult get 3.8GHz and above.
  2. At 3.6Ghz I am getting 55c with Prime95 100% load for almost an hour now, hoping it runs through the night. Also, I am controlling the overclock from Asus TurboV with all my settings in bios set to factory (auto).
  3. Have you tried using the BIOS to OC? The TurboV program may be holding you back.
  4. 1- Don't use TurboV, those overclock programs aren't good.
    2- With those temps, I'd not go for more. The recomended temps for your CPU are 63ºC and 55ºC if you don't want have problems....
  5. I deleted TurboV and set my bios to x18 multiplier and my voltage at 1.5, ran prime95 all night, succesful overclock to 3.6Ghz, which is not as high as I want but it will have to do. I did further reading and it seems that its the c2 holding me back. Thanks for the help though.
  6. What temps are you getting?
  7. 56 at torture and 37 at idle
  8. Ok, looks safe for a C2 revision.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking