Solved

Watercooling - All-in-one or loose?

Hey everybody I will be getting the Gigabyte P67 UD-7, Core i7 2600K and a watercooling setup to get my core @ 5GHz +
This will all be going into the new Corsair 650D (being released April 2011).

Please tell me which setup I should get, and what *roughly* would be the % difference in heat dissipation?

Setup -1-
(I really like this setup because it's just 'rad -> cpu -> rad' and that it there's nothing to bang around)

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee XT
Radiator: Swiftech Heat-drive Exchanger 2x120mm
Pump: Swiftech Integrated pump (integrated onto rad)
Reservoir: Swiftech Integrated reservoir (integrated onto rad)
Tubing: Swiftech 7/16" ID clear vinyl tubing (onto a 1/2" barb for tight fit)
Liquid: Swiftech HydrX Coolant / Distilled water mix (UV green)
Lighting: Sunbeam dual UV cold cathodes

Setup -2-
(I "THINK" that this setup will lead to a higher overclock but will leave me with loose parts)

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee XT
Radiator: Swiftech MCR220
Pump/res: Alphacool Eheim 600 Station II (wish I could go for higher end parts but this is more budget)
Tubing: Swiftech 7/16" ID clear vinyl tubing (onto a 1/2" barb for tight fit)
Liquid: Swiftech HydrX Coolant / Distilled water mix (UV green)
Lighting: Sunbeam dual UV cold cathodes

What would you guys recommend? :??:

Thanks,
Intel1502 :)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about watercooling loose
  1. Ditch the 'coolant'. Go with distilled only and some PT Nuke.

Why are you only going with Swiftech?

Please read:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256607-29-watercooling-read-first
    http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/226970-water-cooling-essential-threads.html

Learning for yourself is the best way to know what's best for YOU.
  2. 1/ Swiftech is the only thing in my area and glows green *(i like)*
    2/ Swiftech is the only thing in my area.
    3/ I'm not getting much from those forums, just one question - would the
    cpu->rad->cpu loop hinder the loops cooling performance "significantly" ?
  3. Hi.

CPU WB: EK Supreme HF (Any version)
    Radiator: Swiftech MCR220
    Pump: Swiftech MCP655 or 655-D
    Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir
    Fittings for CPU WB and reservoir: Bitspower Ultimate G 1/4 Thread 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Compression Fitting
    Tube: Feser Tube Active UV Hose - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Blue
    Liquid: Distiller water or di-ionized water. DON'T use water with colorants or additives, those aren't good for the WB.

Recommended: Add one or two Silver killCoils to your reservoir for kill anything in your loop.
  4. I shop at www.coolPC.com.au, none of those things you said were available except the rad..
  5. Best answer
    If you don't have problems with International shipping, you can buy it from FrozenCPU, Siderwindercomputers or performance-PCS, all those have International shipping.
  6. Just went on frozen cpu and I'm hell bent on the XSPC rasa 750 240mm kit w/ feser pure water + feser dye. It's so cheap (200$) BUT... FML, ive got to pay 100$+ for shipping... I'm having second thoughts =(
  7. Ok, i've settled on the rasa 750 240mm kit, thanks for the websites saint, really helped =D
  8. Best answer selected by intel1502.
  9. That 'glow' is simply from the glycol coolant they use. Distilled water performs a little better.

http://skinneelabs.com/coolants.html

Like I said, please do a little more research before making any decisions. If you are going to make a purchase like that without any information gathering, then you are allowing yourself to be an uninformed consumer. Good luck.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Water Cooling Swiftech Overclocking