Sign in with
Your question

Speed Fan question and New heatsink/fan

Last response: in Overclocking
January 9, 2011 2:32:52 PM

First off I have a quick question. Yesterday, I was doing a prime95 tress test of my 1075t with a small oc of ~3.4GHz, and according to speed fan, my core temp was ~47C and it said that temp1 was ~58C. I have no idea what temp1 stands for on my PC so I was wondering what it was and if 58C under 100% load was safe. Here is a pic of my speed fan when my PC is at idle

Secondly (and the main reason I made this thread) is I am going to be buying an aftermarket CPU fan and heat-sink today and I was wondering what the best one would be that is $50 or less. So far, I am leaning towards getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212+, but I was wondering if there might be something else that would be a better buy. My goal is to try to get my 1075t to a slightly higher OC (and lower the temps greatly), and to have a good cooler that would support either the lga1155 socket for sandybridge, or support the AMD bulldozer when it comes out. Whether I get the bulldozer or the sandybridge in my upgrade, I will more than likely be overclocking to over 4ghz.
a b K Overclocking
January 9, 2011 2:49:20 PM

First of all dont trust the temps in speedfan... get realtemp or HWMonitor to read temps...

hyper 212+ should be enough but you'll get better performance from Zalman CNPS10X Performa for a few $ more...

LGA 1155 shares the same platform as 1156 far as cpu coolers mounting is concerned... no idea about bulldozer though...
m
l
January 9, 2011 2:57:13 PM

abully said:
First of all dont trust the temps in speedfan... get realtemp or HWMonitor to read temps...

hyper 212+ should be enough but you'll get better performance from Zalman CNPS10X Performa for a few $ more...

LGA 1155 shares the same platform as 1156 far as cpu coolers mounting is concerned... no idea about bulldozer though...

Alright, i'll probably go with with the Zalman then as the little bit of extra $ wont matter to much to me. I literally just downloaded and installed CPUID HWmoniter ten seconds before you posted that, so I will see what my temps are according to that.
m
l
!