Sign in with
Your question

SLI/Crossfire ports heat leaking?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2009 8:23:48 AM

Just wondering if anyone has noticed there cards leaking heat from the sli port or crossfire port?

My 9800GTX+ has a considerable amount of heat spraying from the sli port so i taped over it...heat leak is gone and since i have horrible cooling in my prebuilt case every little bit helps

Or did i miss where this was some sort of secret exhaust area :S....
May 6, 2009 2:52:09 PM

Huh? What SLI ports? Do you mean SLI bridge connector? Well seeing as you have 2x9800GTX+ there would be a fair amount of heat, so if they are a double slot design, they should be ok. I'm not really sure, I have yet to try SLI. My suggestion in this matter I guess would be to get some more fans going. A few extra 80mm or 92mm fans would help. Or even a VGA cooler might be an idea. I hope you have some 120mm case fans. Hope that helps.
May 6, 2009 2:53:30 PM

I think hes referring to the spot in the shroud thats cut out for the SLi connector.
May 6, 2009 7:09:04 PM

B-Unit said:
I think hes referring to the spot in the shroud thats cut out for the SLi connector.

Yeahp...shouldn't have said "cards"...anyways yeah iv noticed alot of air spouts from that port...with that taped over i know need to increase the speed of the fan above my gpu pcb as another step towards cooling....hmmm
!