Sign in with
Your question

Corsair PSU Problem?

Last response: in Components
July 19, 2009 12:28:34 AM

Hello guys, i just built a new computer and there is a problem. The problem is the Power Supply, I think. At idle, the power supply makes no sound at all. When I ran 3D Mark 06 and Call of Duty WAW, I keep getting a buzzing sound coming from the power supply.

So I was wondering what you guys think.. Is the power supply bad? Is it not enough power? Is it suppose to be like that? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Edit: Tried Warcraft 3 and it buzzes as well.

Specs are

Cooler Master HAF 922
EVGA GeForce GTX 275
EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58
OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cooler Master V8
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V

More about : corsair psu problem

a c 243 ) Power supply
July 19, 2009 11:36:21 AM

jpmxch said:

Is the power supply bad? Is it not enough power? Is it suppose to be like that?

Sounds like it.
It's plenty of power for your spec.
No, it shouldn't buzz under load.
Have you tried contacting Corsair support ?
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178
m
l
July 19, 2009 3:18:15 PM

Yeah it seems like like it's a known problem.. I'll probably contact Corsair on Monday and RMA it. :( 
m
l
Related resources
July 22, 2009 12:37:27 PM

Hi, I have the exact same power supply infact I have two of them and both of them make these buzzing squeeling sounds when In games or 3d benchmarking also in ati tool 3d cube. I am puzzled. Both of them make these noises but they haven given me problems. I think thats just how they are. Unfortunanly its annoying but you can stop it by putting on vsync. Note: graphics cards also makes these noises, check you graphics card aswell. For me it also makes noises when scrolling pages, moving around or resizing windows. Really annoying. Both my GPU And PSU does this. Please report back if your replacement solved the issue.
m
l
July 23, 2009 8:55:02 PM

I have the exact same problem as pcangeldust.
m
l
!