Zalman CNPS10X Performa question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Hey guys, I am going to be buying a new cpu cooler to allow me to OC a 1075t to about ~3.8GHz to 4GHz. So far, I have decided on getting a Zalman CNPS10X Performa and I was wondering if it would fit my case and motherboard without issues. I am using a NZXT M59 case with a Ausus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard with a G.skill 8gig DDR3 dual channel kit for the ram. Will the Zalman CNPS10X Performa fit with enough clearance over the ram and will it fit fine in the case?

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
So it should clear the RAM and leave enough space for the fans that I have at the top of the case (which are quiet close to the CPU heatsink)? Also, out of curiosity, do you think that it would work with the AMD bulldozer cpu platform? I know that it hasn't been announced as to what the bulldozer will use (AM3, AM3+ or AM4), but would the universal mounting plate that it has more than likely work for it? I am mostly asking that because I would want to use it when I upgrade to either a Sandybridge cpu or the bulldozer architecture. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Is your RAM low profile? or your have the PI or Ripjaws series.

Regarding the socket, don't worry. It's true that bulldozer will be AM3+, but the socket size don't change, the only thing that change is the pin numbers, so, the cooler will fit in the same way.

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
This is my RAM:
Memory
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 640.0 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 7 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 7 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 7 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 20 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRС) 27 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 2
Slot #1
Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Manufacturer G.Skill
Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Part Number F3-12800CL9-4GBRL
SPD Ext. EPP

newegg.com product link for RAM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311) It is ripjaws series. I can move both of them over one slot would that give me enough room if there's not enough clearance? I will probably be making the purchase in the next 30 minutes or so. Thank you very much for your help Saint19!

Status
Not open for further replies.