Cooling Options for my New PC

El Chupacabura

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
CPU: Intel i7 920 running at stock speed idle temp: 39 C full load under LinX: 71 C
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 80mm front fan 120mm exhaust Stock Intel Cooler

Hey guys I found this site very helpful when building my new PC recently and was able to iron out most problems I had just by reading this site. I do have a few extra questions though, mostly about CPU cooling. The problem I have is that the motherboard I bought has a huge heat sink on the north bridge and near the I/O panel on the back of the board, here is a pic (not my actual mobo found on google)
1002633p.jpg

I originally bought a cooler master V8, but it didnt fit too well, so i decided to improvise by attaching an extra 80 mm fan to the "funnel" on the sideplate of the case and just forcing more air at the stock Intel cooler
33mo8l3.jpg

getting to the point...

1) Does anyone know a good, relativley quiet cpu cooler that will fit between the heat sinks ?

2) My 80mm intake fan sits below my GPU, and the card is about as wide as my mobo, so I don't think much air gets by, is there a way I can relocate the fan above the gpu ? pic below
1178qyb.jpg

but most of all I just want to thank everyone for the help :hello:

Nick

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
This will fit on that board great:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887011

I tried putting an Xigmatek Dark Knight on it once and it wasn't a very good fit so I sent it back and got this out of a box of unused computer tools I had. I rigged the mounting bracket myself, but it comes with the 1366 mounting bracket as a special deal from Newegg. It wont perform like a Dark Knight but it will do better than your V8, though I'm not sure why the V8 didn't fit, it is a bit shorter than the Dark Knight.

TRENDING THREADS