Rainbow

How do I get a gardener? I went and got the cheat so that the gardener
comes every day, but I can't find out how to actually to get him to come
at all! It's not on the phone options that I can see like it was in Sims
1.
My garden is overflowing with weeds and the poor husband is knackered
pulling them out well into the night! Many thanks.

Also I just noticed a thread about the cheat box, mine works ok in my
original family/house, but I just tried a new Sim in another house and
the cheat box will not come up at all.

Rainbow

Am Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:14:10 +0100 schrieb Rainbow:

> How do I get a gardener? I went and got the cheat so that the gardener
> comes every day, but I can't find out how to actually to get him to come
> at all! It's not on the phone options that I can see like it was in Sims
> 1.
> My garden is overflowing with weeds and the poor husband is knackered
> pulling them out well into the night! Many thanks.

Call "Service" and then choose "Gardener", right where you get the mechanic
and the nanny and everyone else :)

Dorte

Rainbow said:
"There is NO gardener under Service - only Repairman, Nanny,
Exterminator
(or whatever) but definitely no gardener which is why I am puzzled."

I've only had that happen after already hiring the gardener. Then
again, I don't know what cheat you're talking about.

Fat lot of help I am :/

~*~
vecki

Rainbow

Dorte Schünecke wrote:
> Am Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:14:10 +0100 schrieb Rainbow:
>
>> How do I get a gardener? I went and got the cheat so that the
>> gardener comes every day, but I can't find out how to actually to
>> get him to come at all! It's not on the phone options that I can see
>> like it was in Sims 1.
>> My garden is overflowing with weeds and the poor husband is knackered
>> pulling them out well into the night! Many thanks.
>
> Call "Service" and then choose "Gardener", right where you get the
> mechanic and the nanny and everyone else :)
>
> Dorte

There is NO gardener under Service - only Repairman, Nanny, Exterminator
(or whatever) but definitely no gardener which is why I am puzzled.

Rainbow

OK - well, it sounds like the hack is blocking the appearance of the
gardener on your phone book. Try taking the hack out and see if the
gardener option reappears. It might be that the hack won't work with your
game - do you have University installed?

Best wishes
Maxon

"Rainbow" <notvalid@notvalid.com> wrote in message
> Dorte Schünecke wrote:
> > Am Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:14:10 +0100 schrieb Rainbow:
> >

> > Call "Service" and then choose "Gardener", right where you get the
> > mechanic and the nanny and everyone else :)
> >
> > Dorte
>
> There is NO gardener under Service - only Repairman, Nanny, Exterminator
> (or whatever) but definitely no gardener which is why I am puzzled.
>
> Rainbow

Rainbow

I removed the hack, rebooted and no difference, Gardener does not appear
under Services. I then moved all my stuff out of there, uninstalled and
re-installed, then moved my stuff back, still no Gardener. Something's
broke for sure! Maybe have to go for totally clean install (including
registry entries etc.) No, I don't have University.
Rainbow

Am Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:21:36 +0100 schrieb Rainbow:

> I removed the hack, rebooted and no difference, Gardener does not appear
> under Services. I then moved all my stuff out of there, uninstalled and
> re-installed, then moved my stuff back, still no Gardener. Something's
> broke for sure! Maybe have to go for totally clean install (including
> registry entries etc.) No, I don't have University.
> Rainbow

Is that in all households? Because if if's just in one, try moving the
family out and then move them back in again - yes it's a bitch, and you
have to re-decorate, but that's what I do whenever things go wrong and
usually it cures everything.

Dorte