Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp getting drivers confused with actual hardware

Last response: in Windows XP
September 14, 2011 10:34:36 PM

hi guys hope i can get some help here, to start off i have a usb Sony vrd-vc10 that has been rarely used i hooked it up to my computer and windows keeps recognizing as a Sony dru-710a and im not sure how to fix this problem because when i go to burn a disc it will not burn cd-rs but will burn dvds. i also tried to delete the drivers and after rebooting again recognized the the dru-710a ive gone as far as to try to update the driver and firmware with the same results. the drive worked fine before a Microsoft update but i cant trace which one. need some ideas because im lost and i doubt the drive is bad.
a b \ Driver
September 14, 2011 11:02:55 PM

joshockey said:
hi guys hope i can get some help here, to start off i have a usb Sony vrd-vc10 that has been rarely used i hooked it up to my computer and windows keeps recognizing as a Sony dru-710a and im not sure how to fix this problem because when i go to burn a disc it will not burn cd-rs but will burn dvds. i also tried to delete the drivers and after rebooting again recognized the the dru-710a ive gone as far as to try to update the driver and firmware with the same results. the drive worked fine before a Microsoft update but i cant trace which one. need some ideas because im lost and i doubt the drive is bad.

Did you apply the Firmware Update Available at: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VR...
m
l
September 14, 2011 11:59:54 PM

yeah those were the ones that i loaded.its strange why the drive keeps getting recognized this way. i just got done playing the sims so it will play dvds and games but when it comes to blank disks nero says to insert a blank disk and i have several batches here. if its any help it does this to windows media player and realplayer
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
September 15, 2011 12:34:03 AM

joshockey said:
yeah those were the ones that i loaded.its strange why the drive keeps getting recognized this way. i just got done playing the sims so it will play dvds and games but when it comes to blank disks nero says to insert a blank disk and i have several batches here. if its any help it does this to windows media player and realplayer

Suggest you do a search for: sony vrd-vc10 recognized as Sony dru-710a

Appears this is common problem. I did not delve into the articles, will leave that up to you. Good luck.
m
l
September 15, 2011 1:45:22 AM

yeah i had looked at some posts today with no fixes im really displeased with sony and this for sure will be my last purchase from them we payed around $300 for this new in 2004 and hardly ever used it (sat in the box) and for whatever reason this thing will not recognize any cd-rs (used too). i went back and reloaded all of the drivers firmware and not a single change. just cant understand why all of the sudden because of either the windows update or whatever that it stops working. i even went and deleted the previous service packs still no change.i appreciate the help hopefully this thread stays alive and more people chime in so we can all get a fix to this :fou: 
m
l
!