I shrunk C drive. How to extend unallocated space to E?

Detong

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I purchased a 500GB laptop. The store created a C drive and an E drive, splitting the 500GB just about in half. I wanted to decrease the C to about 100GB and increase E to the rest so I shrunk C by the available 94,016. Now I want to extend the E to incorporate this unallocated space. What do I need to do now?dchoyin@yahoo.com

NoseNuthin

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Try a search for 'partition manager', there are a number of options available.
I have used Easus in the past.

Remember that there is always a chance of problems occurring with ;ow level operations like this so if possible back up your data first.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Yes please always bear in mind this can go terribly wrong. I think Symantec has a partitioning tool as well try look there. Be careful this type of operation has failed on me, on more then one occasion

kiss-u

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I know this thread has existed for a long time, but you may mess up some thing, since from your description, I think you are using windows 7, so the E partition is used for storing booting files. So you have no need to extend this partition. You could use the free space of your C partition to create a new partition for other using.

But there are many people may want to find a way safely and flexibly extend the system partition rather than use build in disk management. And I noted on this thread have not provide the flexible and easy way to resize partition. Before you may know Partition Magic but now it has been out of date, and now there have a alternative software AOMEI Partition Assistant which could manage this flexibly and safely. It is worth to try this software.

nitin86jadhav

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

download partition magic software then you can do process