How to use DLed skins

I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to apply
them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some where? I seached
the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the newb.
7 answers Last reply
More about dled skins

    Persival wrote:
    > I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
    > apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
    > where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the
    > newb.

    Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
    Games/Sims2/Downloads.

    Jeanie

    > Persival wrote:
    >> I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
    >> apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
    >> where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the
    >> newb.
    >
    > Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
    > Games/Sims2/Downloads.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Thanks!!

    "Persival" <noemail@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Persival wrote:
    >>> I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
    >>> apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
    >>> where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for
    >>> the
    >>> newb.
    >>
    >> Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
    >> Games/Sims2/Downloads.
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>
    >>It's not showing up on the custom skin thingy.

    I think you have to use "create Sims" in the game to get to custom
    stuff.

    Betty

    "d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Persival" <noemail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
    >>> Games/Sims2/Downloads.
    >>>
    >>> Jeanie
    >>>
    >>>It's not showing up on the custom skin thingy.
    >>

    > I think you have to use "create Sims" in the game to get to custom stuff.
    >

    > Betty

    I figured it out. I didnt unzip it.

    If you mean skins in Bodyshop - this is incorrect, you don't need to have
    the game open to access the custom content. Custom skins show just fine in
    Bodyshop. Custom Floors and Walls show in Homecrafter too. The most likely
    problem is that the files in your Downloads folder are still zip files or
    are still Sims2Pack files - i.e. they are not installed properly. They need
    to be just package files. If you have zips in the Downloads folder, take
    them out and unzip the content. If you have Sims2Pack files in Downloads,
    double click and install the content. Ideally, I would say, you should then
    move the original files elsewhere - I store mine in a separate (set of)
    folder(s) - leaving just the package files in Downloads.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > If you mean skins in Bodyshop - this is incorrect, you don't need to
    > have
    > the game open to access the custom content. Custom skins show just
    > fine in
    > Bodyshop. Custom Floors and Walls show in Homecrafter too. The most
    > likely
    > problem is that the files in your Downloads folder are still zip
    > files or
    > are still Sims2Pack files - i.e. they are not installed properly.
    > They need
    > to be just package files. If you have zips in the Downloads folder,
    > take
    > them out and unzip the content. If you have Sims2Pack files in
    > Downloads,
    > double click and install the content. Ideally, I would say, you
    > should then
    > move the original files elsewhere - I store mine in a separate (set
    > of)
    > folder(s) - leaving just the package files in Downloads.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    I stand corrected. I had something else in mind at the time I posted.

    Betty

Sims Video Games