How to use DLed skins

Last response: in Video Games
April 3, 2005 10:53:52 PM

I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to apply
them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some where? I seached
the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the newb.

More about : dled skins

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 11:13:47 PM

Persival wrote:
> I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
> apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
> where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the
> newb.

Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
Games/Sims2/Downloads.

Jeanie
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 11:35:38 PM

> Persival wrote:
>> I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
>> apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
>> where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the
>> newb.
>
> Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
> Games/Sims2/Downloads.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks!!
April 3, 2005 11:44:41 PM

> Persival wrote:
>> I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
>> apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
>> where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for the
>> newb.
>
> Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
> Games/Sims2/Downloads.
>
> Jeanie
>
>It's not showing up on the custom skin thingy.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 11:44:42 PM

"Persival" <noemail@nomail.com> wrote in message

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Persival wrote:
>>> I want to download skins from mod the sims 2 but am unsure how to
>>> apply them.Do I need a program or do I copy and paste them some
>>> where? I seached the site for info but it isn't user friendly for
>>> the
>>> newb.
>>
>> Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
>> Games/Sims2/Downloads.
>>
>> Jeanie
>>
>>It's not showing up on the custom skin thingy.

I think you have to use "create Sims" in the game to get to custom
stuff.

Betty
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 12:34:56 AM

"d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

> "Persival" <noemail@nomail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Just unzip them into your downloads folder. My Documents/EA
>>> Games/Sims2/Downloads.
>>>
>>> Jeanie
>>>
>>>It's not showing up on the custom skin thingy.
>>

> I think you have to use "create Sims" in the game to get to custom stuff.
>

> Betty

I figured it out. I didnt unzip it.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 2:24:21 AM

If you mean skins in Bodyshop - this is incorrect, you don't need to have
the game open to access the custom content. Custom skins show just fine in
Bodyshop. Custom Floors and Walls show in Homecrafter too. The most likely
problem is that the files in your Downloads folder are still zip files or
are still Sims2Pack files - i.e. they are not installed properly. They need
to be just package files. If you have zips in the Downloads folder, take
them out and unzip the content. If you have Sims2Pack files in Downloads,
double click and install the content. Ideally, I would say, you should then
move the original files elsewhere - I store mine in a separate (set of)
folder(s) - leaving just the package files in Downloads.

Best wishes
Maxon

"d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

> I think you have to use "create Sims" in the game to get to custom
> stuff.
>

> Betty

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 2:24:22 AM

news:p 2_3e.8850$kr.4952@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> If you mean skins in Bodyshop - this is incorrect, you don't need to
> have
> the game open to access the custom content. Custom skins show just
> fine in
> Bodyshop. Custom Floors and Walls show in Homecrafter too. The most
> likely
> problem is that the files in your Downloads folder are still zip
> files or
> are still Sims2Pack files - i.e. they are not installed properly.
> They need
> to be just package files. If you have zips in the Downloads folder,
> take
> them out and unzip the content. If you have Sims2Pack files in
> Downloads,
> double click and install the content. Ideally, I would say, you
> should then
> move the original files elsewhere - I store mine in a separate (set
> of)
> folder(s) - leaving just the package files in Downloads.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

I stand corrected. I had something else in mind at the time I posted.

Betty
!