oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Hey guys, I have been working on overclocking my 1075t and the temps I am getting now with the stock cooler seem... well almost too good to be true. Right now its at 3.6001GHz with the FSB @240 and the vcore voltages @1.35v and I am running the Prime95 torture test that is designed to create the maximum amount of heat and power consumption. With the stock heatsink HWmoniter is saying that the core temps are @48C. That is a lot cooler than what I thought it should be for a 600MHz increase in core clock. My ambient temp right now is right around 68F so I guess that does help, but still is there a chance that it is really running hotter than that and that those temps are wrong? Maybe i am just being a little over cautious/ worried but that is a lot better than a lot of people I know with similar set ups.

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Well, now I have core temp, HWmoniter, and Speed fan all saying that it's anywhere from 48C to 50C so I guess that that is correct. Would I be mistaken to say that that is unusual for a stock HSF on a 1075t to allow a 600MHz oc at that temp?

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
^^
upgrade that thermal paste to AS5 or better and it might go down some more..
also do you have fan settings in your BIOS and what are they set for.?

it seems all is running quire well.
I actually just ordered a Zalman CNPS10X Performa with AS5 thermal paste since I am wanting to get close to a 4GHz or higher OC. I have the fan settings set very high, I think that it hits 100% just over 50C (55C maybe? I'll have to check again) or something like that since I don't mind the noise. I almost didn't order the new HSF since the temps were so low, but I decided that they could always go lower and it would help with my goal of 4+GHz.

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I would have waited on the new heatsink unless you have a clear panel case and like to look at it..
if it's not broke then don't fix it.
see how low your temps will be overclocking on the MORE than stock heatsink you currently have.
but that's just me.
that $40+/- could have went to something else.
I understand what your saying and agree with it, I guess I didn't really need it so much as I wanted something better to drop the temps as much as possible. I did think about the same exact thing that you mentioned, but on the other hand I convinced myself to get it since I will be upgrading to sandybridge or bulldozer in the next couple months and I will be overclocking that as much as possible and I would get one of these sooner or later... I choose sooner in this case lol. But thank you very much for your help, I guess I either got lucky with a CPU that runs cooler than most or a HSF that is more effective than usual. (I hope that the former is true now :)