GA-EP45-UD3R BIOS questions.

ZeroCooLZZ66

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Hello I've been having some problems with the newest BIOS update and I'm wondering if I can get some help. I just updated to F11 today and having a lot of issues with it, One or more settings I tweak in BIOS seems to trigger it and becomes some what unstable, I haven't found the source of the problem yet, but it's like 5 am here and I'm getting tired lol. Anyways, what it will do is either get stuck at DMI updating or give me an error saying something about PCI, I'll get you the full error message in the afternoon when I get up. I was using F10c, and if anyone knows where I can get that update please let me know! Thanks.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Be sure to choose Optimized Defaults and reboot before changing anything else. See if it's stable after that.

Often the only reliable source for your old/shipped BIOS is the copy you backup before changing it. It may have had minor modifications specific to your board or cpu that weren't considered enough to warrant a published release.

ZeroCooLZZ66

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
It works fine after when I do that, but if I change anything in the BIOS (that's including disabling the Gigabyte logo) BIOS messes up. Should I just downgrade to another version?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I did some googling about for "GA-EP45-UD3R BIOS F10c" and found several references to it being a BETA version. Several driver sites claimed to have it but I can't say whether I'd recommend them or not. Might be fine, use your own judgement.

I'd likely try the version 9 from the Giga site before trying that. If you got your board more than six months ago, that's the date on the version 9.

Also might explore around the Gigabyte forum, see if anyone has a way to get 10c. I tried getting into Gigabyte FTP site but it requires a user/pw to log in. Often the ftp will have more versions.

Pointertovoid

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
I use the F11 on a Ga-ep45-ud3r (resembles yours) without any worry.

F10c was known for troubles and isn't available from Gigabyte. If downgrading, I'd go to the official F9 - though its Ahci is older and takes more time.

Did you try to remove all extension cards, and a few more old tricks?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Good info Pointer!

And ideas - be sure to test with NO external USB devices plugged in.

What does the system do wrong after changing these minor things?

If the Windows installation is and older one, might try re-installing it. Could always be some odd settings there causing the problems and not the BIOS.

ZeroCooLZZ66

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Well, what it does after I change these setting, it tries to start up windows as it normally would. Once it gets updating the DMI, everything just stops and windows doesn't load, I let it sit there for about 5 mins and no change at all. So I don't know if I just have to get a replacement for my bios chip or what needs to be done. Well I don't have any external USB devices except for my flash drive. Also I just installed windows last week, so I don't think it's anything to do with that, I mean I've installed bios updates before with no trouble.