Rosewill LCD monitor / Vista Business 32-bit / Radeon 4800 strangeness

MK5252

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Hi all. I'm a first-time poster.

I've got a very strange problem for which I haven't had much success finding a solution.

I just put together a new PC a few days ago. (My last new one was five years ago, so I've been out of the loop for a while.)

My problem is as follows: the video output on my monitor comes out rather yellow-tinted. Imagine if someone put a clear, yellow film over your monitor. That's what I've got.

I'm running Vista Business 32-bit with a Sapphire Radeon 4850, which is connected to a Rosewill R913J LCD monitor. I have updated Vista fully. My Radeon drivers are at the latest version, as of yesterday evening. The hardware itself seems to be fully functional, based on all the various software tests that I've run and the fact that, you know, the computer boots and I have video output and whatnot. I couldn't find any drivers particular to this monitor.

I'm going to try the following. I don't anticipate that they'll make a difference; that's why I posted before trying them.
-reseat the video card
-move the video card to the other PCI slot
-use a different video cable

If anyone can provide any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate the help! And, of course, if you guys need more specific hardware info from me, please just let me know and I'll get it for you.

Thanks much!

MK5252

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Well, how about that!

I switched from my very old VGA cable to the DVI cable that's been lurking in my monitor box for the last five years.

The problem is now solved.

Would someone please mark this one as fixed?