OK - I need help (I think) ...

I have XP and installed the Sims2 under a separate user account that loads
the minimum required stuff. Can't remember who's idea it was - but it's a
good one. The game's performance improved quite a bit when I did this.

My problem is - I WAS using Sims2 File Maid to install Sims2Pack files and
things were working fine when I only had one account. Since creating the
separate user account (with all things sims2 under that account), the Maid
doesn't install the Sims2pack files anymore. It runs (for a loooong time)
and I get the "successfully installed X number of files" message. But when
I go into the game - none of the new walls, floors or skins are there??!!
There are no files under the teleport directory. Everything works great
when I use the sims2pack installer, but that does it one at a time and I
have about 2,500 files to install.

So, questions: a) Is anyone running the Maid under a separate user
account? If so, how should I set it up to work correctly? OR b) anyone
know of another program that will install Sims2Pack files in batch mod???
(*sob* I really don't want to install each one manually!)

any help/suggestions are gratefully appreciated!

thanks!!!!
--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Sims2pack clean install program installs in batch mode now.
    You may have to 'share' your file maid to get it to work with the second
    user.

    "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP and installed the Sims2 under a separate user account that loads
    > the minimum required stuff. Can't remember who's idea it was - but it's a
    > good one. The game's performance improved quite a bit when I did this.
    >
    > My problem is - I WAS using Sims2 File Maid to install Sims2Pack files and
    > things were working fine when I only had one account. Since creating the
    > separate user account (with all things sims2 under that account), the Maid
    > doesn't install the Sims2pack files anymore. It runs (for a loooong time)
    > and I get the "successfully installed X number of files" message. But
    when
    > I go into the game - none of the new walls, floors or skins are there??!!
    > There are no files under the teleport directory. Everything works great
    > when I use the sims2pack installer, but that does it one at a time and I
    > have about 2,500 files to install.
    >
    > So, questions: a) Is anyone running the Maid under a separate user
    > account? If so, how should I set it up to work correctly? OR b) anyone
    > know of another program that will install Sims2Pack files in batch mod???
    > (*sob* I really don't want to install each one manually!)
    >
    > any help/suggestions are gratefully appreciated!
    >
    > thanks!!!!
    > --
    > deb
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

    thanks BG! I'll try the sims2pack clean installer first. How do I "share"
    a program?
    --
    deb
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    > Sims2pack clean install program installs in batch mode now.
    > You may have to 'share' your file maid to get it to work with the second
    > user.
    >
    > "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    >> I have XP and installed the Sims2 under a separate user account that
    >> loads
    >> the minimum required stuff. Can't remember who's idea it was - but it's
    >> good one. The game's performance improved quite a bit when I did this.
    >>
    >> My problem is - I WAS using Sims2 File Maid to install Sims2Pack files
    >> and
    >> things were working fine when I only had one account. Since creating the
    >> separate user account (with all things sims2 under that account), the
    >> Maid
    >> doesn't install the Sims2pack files anymore. It runs (for a loooong
    >> time)
    >> and I get the "successfully installed X number of files" message. But
    > when
    >> I go into the game - none of the new walls, floors or skins are there??!!
    >> There are no files under the teleport directory. Everything works great
    >> when I use the sims2pack installer, but that does it one at a time and I
    >> have about 2,500 files to install.
    >>
    >> So, questions: a) Is anyone running the Maid under a separate user
    >> account? If so, how should I set it up to work correctly? OR b) anyone
    >> know of another program that will install Sims2Pack files in batch mod???
    >> (*sob* I really don't want to install each one manually!)
    >>
    >> any help/suggestions are gratefully appreciated!
    >>
    >> thanks!!!!
    >> --
    >> deb
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

    Well, I downloaded the clean installer, but how do I get it to run in batch
    mode? I highlight a bunch of sims2pack files and hit enter. The installer
    goes through its process with each one. Shouldn't there be a way to do all
    at the same time? I know - "read the ******* manual!" But there isn't one
    yet.
    --
    deb
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    > thanks BG! I'll try the sims2pack clean installer first. How do I
    > "share" a program?
    > --
    > deb
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

    >> Sims2pack clean install program installs in batch mode now.
    >> You may have to 'share' your file maid to get it to work with the second
    >> user.
    >>
    >> "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have XP and installed the Sims2 under a separate user account that
    >>> loads
    >>> the minimum required stuff. Can't remember who's idea it was - but it's
    >>> good one. The game's performance improved quite a bit when I did this.
    >>>
    >>> My problem is - I WAS using Sims2 File Maid to install Sims2Pack files
    >>> and
    >>> things were working fine when I only had one account. Since creating
    >>> the
    >>> separate user account (with all things sims2 under that account), the
    >>> Maid
    >>> doesn't install the Sims2pack files anymore. It runs (for a loooong
    >>> time)
    >>> and I get the "successfully installed X number of files" message. But
    >> when
    >>> I go into the game - none of the new walls, floors or skins are
    >>> there??!!
    >>> There are no files under the teleport directory. Everything works great
    >>> when I use the sims2pack installer, but that does it one at a time and I
    >>> have about 2,500 files to install.
    >>>
    >>> So, questions: a) Is anyone running the Maid under a separate user
    >>> account? If so, how should I set it up to work correctly? OR b)
    >>> anyone
    >>> know of another program that will install Sims2Pack files in batch
    >>> mod???
    >>> (*sob* I really don't want to install each one manually!)
    >>>
    >>> any help/suggestions are gratefully appreciated!
    >>>
    >>> thanks!!!!
    >>> --
    >>> deb
    >>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >>> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

    Highlight all the files thru windows explorer and then right-click and
    choose 'install all'.
    It will then bring up a window listing all the files and you just click
    install and it's done.

    > Well, I downloaded the clean installer, but how do I get it to run in
    batch
    > mode? I highlight a bunch of sims2pack files and hit enter. The
    installer
    > goes through its process with each one. Shouldn't there be a way to do
    all
    > at the same time? I know - "read the ******* manual!" But there isn't
    one
    > yet.
    > --
    > deb
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...
    >

    > "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    > > thanks BG! I'll try the sims2pack clean installer first. How do I
    > > "share" a program?
    > > --
    > > deb
    > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > > ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...
    > >

    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Sims2pack clean install program installs in batch mode now.
    > >> You may have to 'share' your file maid to get it to work with the
    second
    > >> user.
    > >>
    > >> "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message

    > >> when

    Thank you BG!! You're the best! :-) You just saved me a HECK of a lot of
    mouse clicks!
    Woohoo, I'm off to re-install my walls and floors.
    --
    deb
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    > Highlight all the files thru windows explorer and then right-click and
    > choose 'install all'.
    > It will then bring up a window listing all the files and you just click
    > install and it's done.
    >
    > "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    >> Well, I downloaded the clean installer, but how do I get it to run in
    > batch
    >> mode? I highlight a bunch of sims2pack files and hit enter. The
    > installer
    >> goes through its process with each one. Shouldn't there be a way to do
    > all
    >> at the same time? I know - "read the ******* manual!" But there isn't
    > one
    >> yet.
    >> --
    >> deb
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...
    >>

    >> "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    >> > thanks BG! I'll try the sims2pack clean installer first. How do I
    >> > "share" a program?
    >> > --
    >> > deb
    >> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> > ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...
    >> >

    >> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > second

    > it's
    > this.

    > great

    For anybody else who wants to make their game run faster, this is the
    site
    where the great info came from.

    http://groups.msn.com/TheSims2Database/makeyourgamerunfaster.msnw

    Betty

    "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP and installed the Sims2 under a separate user account that
    >loads the minimum required stuff. Can't remember who's idea it was -
    >but it's a good one. The game's performance improved quite a bit when
    >I did this.
    >
    > My problem is - I WAS using Sims2 File Maid to install Sims2Pack files
    > and things were working fine when I only had one account. Since
    > creating the separate user account (with all things sims2 under that
    > account), the Maid doesn't install the Sims2pack files anymore. It
    > runs (for a loooong time) and I get the "successfully installed X
    > number of files" message. But when I go into the game - none of the
    > new walls, floors or skins are there??!! There are no files under the
    > teleport directory. Everything works great when I use the sims2pack
    > installer, but that does it one at a time and I have about 2,500 files
    > to install.
    >
    > So, questions: a) Is anyone running the Maid under a separate user
    > account? If so, how should I set it up to work correctly? OR b)
    > anyone know of another program that will install Sims2Pack files in
    > batch mod??? (*sob* I really don't want to install each one manually!)
    >
    > any help/suggestions are gratefully appreciated!
    >
    > thanks!!!!
    > --
    > deb
    > ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

    I could never get the clean installer to work properly myself.

    As far as Filemaid for Sims2 goes I found that it had installed the files
    into "My Documents" without putting them in any folder at all.
    Have a look at your individual users "My Documents" to see if you can find
    them. I only found them when looking for something else entirely.
    (You could do a search for *package maybe and move them).

    Skeatsan''co

Sims Games Windows XP Video Games