More questions & Overclocking help

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I know that I have been full of questions today, but (I think) that these are some of the last things that I am not sure about. I have been working on overclocking my 1075t all day long and so far I have gotten it stable @3.6GHz with stock HSF with the temps under 50c at full load. () And now I have one question and would like to ask for some help. First off my question is this in HWmoniter, what is the TMPIN0? And what is the max safe temp for it? I am thinking that that might represent the north bridge of my mobo, but I am not sure. On my stable OC of 3.6GHz it was around 60C.

Also, I am trying to get my CPU as high as possible on the stock HSF until my Zalman CNPS10X Performa arrives and I will then try to get it even higher. I want the temps to go no higher than 55C and the voltage to go no higher than 1.42 until the new cooler arrives. Any suggestions as to how I could improve on the previous Overclock to get it about as high as possible without exceeding the a fore mentioned specs? I got it to run stable @3.72GHz for about ten minutes before it blue screened, and I have done that several times now with similar specs, but I can't get it stable.

Wow ... 1.31v is good mojo at 3.6GHz :lol:

We need other CPUz screenies to help you with your fine-tuning. No reason you can't go 15x250MHz from the looks of things.

It looks as if you need to drop the HT Link Freq to 1600MHz (or the 8x multi). To run the IMC/NB at 10x250MHz you will probably need 1.1875v NB volts. That should help your BSODs.

I would also recommend disabling Turbo --- no reason you can't do C&Q but IIRC you can't force the Thuban below 1.12v (at least, not with current motherboards). And without your new cooling you may be in a holding pattern with your 60c limit.

Don't be surprised if you see as much as a 0.02v volt hop (unless Asus has smoothed things over with a BIOS update).

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010

Alright, thanks. I haven't been able to get it to stay stable for more than a few mins at 15x250 (or anything over 15x245MHz for that matter), but I will tryout your suggestions and see what I can do :) I'll post again in about an hour with any updates that I get for you guys. :bounce:

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Heres the screen from when I posted on the AMD overclockers club thread.
2610ysl.jpg
This has all pertinent CPUz tabs open (I think lol) from my first OC. I just got back and I am going into the BIOS now to change it some and see if I can get it stable @15x250MHz. I already had turbo disabled for my last OC so i'll keep it off.

I think you are good-to-go if you manually set your timings to either JEDEC #3 or #4 .... 7-7-7-20-27 at 667MHz actual may be asking too much (especially with 2x4GB sticks).

It may be convoluted thinking on my part but I'm not sure that GSkill can take that (maybe some Crucial with Micron chips could). I've never had much luck taking GSkill that low.

Not that it can't be done --- I'm too lazy to work that hard :)

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010

Haha ok, I'll work on that when I get my new CPU cooler in. Right now, I think I got it stable by changing the LLC settings, but I ended the Prime95 after only 15 mins because the temps were going crazy. They would randomly spike to over 10c higher than what I am comfortable with (about 55C or less is my target) then stay there for a little, then fall back to about 53c-55c. I had to increase the voltages a lot to get it stable and decrease vdroop with LLC so I guess that going from 3.6 to 3.75GHz with my CPU is going to be much harder and its going to require much higher voltages. C'Mon Newegg, I want my Zalman CNPS10X already :(

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010

Yes, my goal is too keep the temps under 55C.

I was doing some research on overclocking and things that I could change in the BIOS, and the LLC was one of those things. I did that to decrease the amount of vdroop that would happen, and after I changed the LLC to 19%, it stabilized my system and the voltages where fine. It was running a little hotter than what I wanted it so I down clocked it to my previous overclock and will wait until I get my new CPU cooler to keep moving forward. But, was the LLC not something I should have changed? Should I keep that at the default settings?

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010

I thought that the LLC would increase the CPU voltage to a degree? The way I understood it, was that when under load, vdroop would cause the CPU to get less voltage than what it was technically supposed. So If I allow the LLC to increase the voltage automatically, it would allow the CPU to get a constant constant amount of volts no matter what load it was under. Is that wrong? I'll try to find the link to where I read that because I could of misinterpreted it.

Right now I am going to take a break from overclocking since I cannot get much higher temperature and I don't want to risk anything. But I'll spend the next couple days reading up more on overclocking CPU's with locked multipliers so when I get my new HSF I could possibly get to 4GHz. Speaking of which, would it be safe to assume that if done properly, most 1075t's can maintain a 24/7 OC of 4+GHz if the temps are kept in check? Our would that not be recommended?

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
http://www.overclockers.com/load-line-calibration/ That is the first article that I read on it, I then google'd and went through several pages on it reading what people said, but I mostly went off that article. I also google'd Load line calibration and the name of my mobo in the same sentence to see what I came up with and I read some stuff there. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/26327-asus-m4a785td-v-evo-m4a785td-m-evo-am3-motherboards-review-11.html That article was where I read about the LLC on my motherboard. They talk more about the LLC for my mobo on the page that they talk about voltages right before the conclusion.

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010

Oh, auto keeps the LLC at like 51% or something like that and I still had vdroop happening at that so I changed it to 19% which decreases the amount of vdroop that LLC allows to happen to maintain more stable vcore voltages. I probably could keep it at auto, but then I would need to slightly increase the vcore over-voltage so it would still be high enough.