HIS 4850 iceQ4 or new 4770 ?

Well, what is the cost difference? If they are close, I'd go with the 4850 iceQ. Mainly because the iceQ is a pretty good cooler and the 4850 is a little faster at stock. The 4770 is a very good card though.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
diference in cost is almost 25 bucks ... so yeah :D

also the 4850 has premium packaging i also get a game or 3dmark and some kind of screwdriver with light. never had a his card.

the 4770 sucks at packaging for now, first cards always suck, but i dont wana wait.

I`ll go for the 4850 . Done some research :D

gl

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
darn, now i`m in a dilema, i can get the HIS 4850 IceQ4 512 ddr3 wich blows the air behind the case or the PowerColor HD4850 PCS+ 1GB DDR3

both at around the same price, actually the powercolor is like 5bucks cheaper lol. Bundel wise the HIS wins but PC has 512ddr3 extra + it comes with a ZEROtherm cooling solution.

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?ProductID=2354

http://www2.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=395&view=yes

I know the HIS is very cool, its what i`m looking for lol but so is the PC from what i read. What i like at his is that it blows hot air outside.
Also the PC runs at higher stock frequencies then the HIS wich is stock.

This really upsets me i dunno what to get ....
+i heard the HIS gives u a screwdriver inside bundle, huh?wtf lol

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
lol something good finally happened, the price for the HIS just dropped 10 bucks while i was writing the upper repply.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
yes, already done that, from what i saw with some bechies1gb isnt more then 3-4 fps and only a few games take more advantage ( ex GTA4) but heck i want the hot air outside, i keep a very cool case.

ty and gl to all ...
happy OC`ing :D

x3nophon

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I got the 1gb iceq4 4850 a month ago and have been pleased so far. i needed 1gb for GTA4, but i think 1gb will become standard during the lifetime of your card so you might as well get it so you don't have to upgrade sooner than you would like. Only problem I have with the card is that it makes a high pitched whine when my games load up, but not when I am playing them and actually using the card. Not a big deal, but strange anyways.

Lastly, I don't even think you should look at a 4850 unless you are constrained by a psu. If you have a psu less than 500W, then the 4850 is your best bet. But if you have a higher wattage psu there is no reason not to get a 4870. It costs a little more, but it will keep your computer running the top games for an extra 6-12 months longer than the 4850.

It might seem like I keep jumping you up levels in price to the 4870 but it is really worth it in the long run. Yeah that 4770 might be $110, but you will have to upgrade much sooner and in the meantime you will get worse performance. Spend the extra $90 and it will pay for itself (of course assuming you have a capable psu).

In the short term you can justify it that one friday night out at the bar costs $100. So just stay in one friday and you will have a far superior card to the next 2 years.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
hey i got 1 more question that needs to e answered.

I`m gona go with a fresh install of Windows 7 RC, had enough of Vista and i`m preparing my applications for instalation in 1 folder. When i got to ATI driver download page 2 drivers came up , the 9.4 version and the 8.6 version, wtf.

What do i get? whats the difference ... normally i`d go with the 9.4 but wtf is 8.6 doing there. Please answer, i`ve been an nvidia user untill now.