Sign in with
Your question

How can i overclock my pentium dual core e2180 to 2.5GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
January 10, 2011 10:38:24 PM

I recently received a Pentium Dual Core E2180 from a friend for christmas and for a while now ive been wanting to overclock it to a safe setting so i dont kill it. I came to the conclusion the the safe speed would between 2.4 and 2.6. Now the problem is i dont know what the proper setting would be so i wanted to know what the ideal settings would be to have it run at least at 2.5GHz my current motherboard is a EVGA nForce 630i with 2gb of ram also using a Thermaltake CL-P0497 Cooling fan
January 11, 2011 2:17:31 AM

nightfox360 said:
I recently received a Pentium Dual Core E2180 from a friend for christmas and for a while now ive been wanting to overclock it to a safe setting so i dont kill it. I came to the conclusion the the safe speed would between 2.4 and 2.6. Now the problem is i dont know what the proper setting would be so i wanted to know what the ideal settings would be to have it run at least at 2.5GHz my current motherboard is a EVGA nForce 630i with 2gb of ram also using a Thermaltake CL-P0497 Cooling fan

any help will do thanks
m
l
a c 138 à CPUs
a c 241 K Overclocking
January 11, 2011 2:46:54 AM

CPU multiplier is adjustable, FSB is adjustable, memory timings are adjustable, Ratio adjustments are like the 680i boards (linked or unlinked), CPU voltage is adjustable and memory voltage is adjustable. Chipset voltage and CPU FSB voltage are also adjustable.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 11, 2011 2:55:02 PM

^ I'm pretty sure that CPU has a locked multiplier heydiah

Anyway, disable speed step and any power saving tech in the BIOS. You need to adjust the FSB:RAM ratio, preferably 1:1. If it doesn't directly give you the ratio then just change the RAM speed to a lower setting like 533 (which effectively changes the ratio). Set your RAM timings and voltages to what they are now. Now raise your FSB in steady increments (like 50 Mhz) and test for stability. When it's unstable add more voltage, or if it doesn't POST then resent the BIOS and redo all those settings, but with more CPU voltage. Don't go too high now. To learn more just google

core2 overclocking guide
m
l
January 12, 2011 5:12:18 PM

well i overclocked it and it peaked my curiosity i sorta want to move it up to 3Ghz now but most the guides i read are based on Bios completely different then mine and i am completely new to overclocking and and i wanted to know if there is overclocking guides to my specific build ive looked everywhere so any help would do to be of more help to my self im gonna add more detail to my build

MB: EVGA 630i N77-7150 chipset with FSB support up to 1333mhz
CPU: Pentium Dual Core E2180 2Ghz
Memory: 2 1gig Kingston PC2-4300 ( 266mhz)
GPU: Nvidia 9400GT 1gb ram ( yea i went super low budget on that one )
m
l
October 2, 2012 3:22:01 PM

hi night fox,
i have the very same cpu and gpu as you and with Kingston DDR3-1333 4gb RAM but with mobo: intel DG43RK .
so how you did it?
m
l
!