S2/Uni--jumping

I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
help of Motherlode, of course.
First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even if
I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place... familiar
from the first Sims... oh no!
Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
almost.
Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3 options
painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them to
die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the Sims
and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not using
the "moveobjects on".
Anyone had anything like this?
I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there is
maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
Sage
3 answers Last reply
More about jumping

    There's no limit to the number of times you can use the cheat but you do
    need to remember to turn it off again - moveObjects off. It can cause
    problems if you don't. Maybe that's what caused your problem. I'm not sure
    though but it certainly sounds like a temporary corruption of some sort.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
    > help of Motherlode, of course.
    > First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even
    if
    > I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place... familiar
    > from the first Sims... oh no!
    > Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
    > almost.
    > Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3
    options
    > painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them
    > die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
    > OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the Sims
    > and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
    > on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
    > back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not
    using
    > the "moveobjects on".
    > Anyone had anything like this?
    > I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there
    is
    > maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
    > Sage

    You're probably right... I do try to Remember to turn it OFF, But...
    So far they're still "normal" or "Sim-Normal" anyway.
    Sage
    PS... I _like_ top posting :-O

    > There's no limit to the number of times you can use the cheat but you do
    > need to remember to turn it off again - moveObjects off. It can cause
    > problems if you don't. Maybe that's what caused your problem. I'm not
    > sure
    > though but it certainly sounds like a temporary corruption of some sort.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
    >> help of Motherlode, of course.
    >> First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even
    > if
    >> I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place...
    >> familiar
    >> from the first Sims... oh no!
    >> Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
    >> almost.
    >> Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3
    > options
    >> painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them
    >> die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
    >> OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the
    >> Sims
    >> and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
    >> on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
    >> back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not
    > using
    >> the "moveobjects on".
    >> Anyone had anything like this?
    >> I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there
    > is
    >> maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
    >> Sage

    I found the problem! It was some or one of the recolored surface Hot Tubs. I
    put one back in and it said "no actions available" AND they were Jumping out
    of the pool again.
    I found a couple of them and removed them, I hope they're the right ones
    because I don't know where to find the others.
    Sage

    > There's no limit to the number of times you can use the cheat but you do
    > need to remember to turn it off again - moveObjects off. It can cause
    > problems if you don't. Maybe that's what caused your problem. I'm not
    > sure
    > though but it certainly sounds like a temporary corruption of some sort.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
    >> help of Motherlode, of course.
    >> First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even
    > if
    >> I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place...
    >> familiar
    >> from the first Sims... oh no!
    >> Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
    >> almost.
    >> Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3
    > options
    >> painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them
    >> die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
    >> OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the
    >> Sims
    >> and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
    >> on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
    >> back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not
    > using
    >> the "moveobjects on".
    >> Anyone had anything like this?
    >> I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there
    > is
    >> maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
    >> Sage

Sims Games Video Games