Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How to determine external IP range(s) at different locations.

Tags:
  • IP
Last response: in Toms Network
December 9, 2011 7:00:46 PM

I have the following question and would appreciate any help provided;

I have been requested by my supervisor to provide the external IP range(s) utilized by various offices within the city which I work. How can I determine these IP range(s) at each location so that we can provide the correct answer to one of our software vendors who initially requested the information. Thanks for any help provided.

More about : determine external range locations

December 10, 2011 1:44:47 PM

if you have access to the other Routers/Firewalls, you should be able to look them up.

otherwise there should be paperwork provide by your ISP at the day of the installation for each location that should show the range
December 10, 2011 3:01:12 PM

Emerald,

Thanks for the reply. There is no paperwork available showing this information, but I do have access to the router/firewalls and server at each location. Could you provide me a layman's approach step by step how to access and record this information? I appreciate any information. Thanks.

PS
Also, someone mentioned to me that accessing a website like www.whatismyip.com from my server could provide me the information I am seeking, but I want to be sure I am going to be providing the correct information requested. Especially since there are wired and wireless routers and firewalls involved. Thanks again.
Related resources
December 10, 2011 4:48:25 PM

whatismyip.com will give you your main IP; however, to find out a IP range you will have to access the router/firewall that connects to your ISP's modem and check for the range that has been assigned to the WAN side of the device.

this might take longer but call the ISP and have them send you your Static IP range for each location
December 10, 2011 10:59:16 PM

Can you explain to me the procedure to access the IP range through the router/firewall? Thanks for all of your help thus far.